Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Fit or Fold? (semi-generalized flop question)

Hi All,

I was considering posting this under a gimmick account or something 'cause I'm purty dern sure this is a newb question and I am therefore embarrassed to ask it.

Anyway, here I am and here we go:

I'm wondering how much I'm giving up when I hit any piece of a multi-way pot and fold because "I know that I'm beat NOW, on THE FLOP, so why continue?".

I suck at the whole implied/reverse-implied odds thing and thus have resigned myself to just folding, especially if there is two to a flush or three to a straight (or both) on board.

I'm essentially talking about situations in which you hit bottom or middle pair with zero other draws, so basically a 5-outer...

In what situations are we seeing a turn and how many players need to be in in order to do so?

How much does a 2-flush or 3-straight board matter in the decision-making process?

In heads up or 3-way situations I'm often betting out if first-to-act on the flop, but what if someone bets out before me?

Also, I understand and incorporate the concept of flopping a pair, while holding two suited cards, with one of those suits hitting the flop, and raising in late position, blah blah blah.

I'm thinking this may be a ridiculous leak that I've had since, like ever, so any information is greatly appreciated.

Finally, if this is a leak, how much am I giving up? My WTSD and Folded to River Bet percentages are low and high, respectively, to many of you, and I'm looking for ways to get to showdown more often, other than calling down with Ace high lol.

Thanks.