Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 05:55 PM

Default AJo......Stage 1 of play along

SB is complete unknown. Only second hand at table.

UTG+1 is an absolute muppet. Massive donator and has reloaded twice. He's on my buddy list for ever.

MP2 has moved up to 2/4 recently (along with me). I used to play with him a lot at 1/2. He was always loose and pretty aggressive preflop. He's tightened up a little and overcompensated on preflop aggression. He was always very solid post flop and demonstrated ability to put moves on here and there. So, not a donk.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="green">Hero ???</font>,

This hand has two decisions with many important concepts (IMO).
Old 12-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: AJo......Stage 1 of play along

i would call this hoping to be able to raise SB's turn bet. i wish the non flush card was the ace, but so be it.

also what's going on in my mind at this point in the hand is that i could very well not show this down.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM

i'd raise the flop hoping that everyone calls so there is even more money when I make my boat on the turn.

If I didn't know I was going to boat up then I like miles line of calling and then popping the turn to protect my hand.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:04 PM

I think you call here.

If you raise here, UTG+1 is getting 9.5 to 1 to call (2 sb into 19 sb) and MP1/MP2 are getting even better odds if others call. This means that even with only 4-5 outs, they are getting the right odds so Tens and Kings are going to call. And as such your hand is still not protected. With a raise, going to the turn the pot is 10.5BB or larger, with a call its 10.5BB

On the turn, I think you can fold to a non-diamond K or T and start raising away with an A or J hitting. With a diamond turn I would call down the turn. With a blank turn, I would hope sb bets out and him raise to get Ks and Ts out. (2 BB into a 13.5 BB pot or 6.25 to 1 to call). If the sb doesn't bet out, if you raise, the Ks and Ts are still getting odds to call. So I'm not sure what to do here.

If you raised the SB on the turn, I think I call down the river on any non-diamond (if you didnt hit your house or back door flush).

This is my first hand analysis on this board, so if I did anything wrong tips would be nice. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you call here.

If you raise here, UTG+1 is getting 9.5 to 1 to call (2 sb into 19 sb) and MP1/MP2 are getting even better odds if others call. This means that even with only 4-5 outs, they are getting the right odds so Tens and Kings are going to call. And as such your hand is still not protected. With a raise, going to the turn the pot is 10.5BB or larger, with a call its 10.5BB

On the turn, I think you can fold to a non-diamond K or T and start raising away with an A or J hitting. With a diamond turn I would call down the turn. With a blank turn, I would hope sb bets out and him raise to get Ks and Ts out. (2 BB into a 13.5 BB pot or 6.25 to 1 to call). If the sb doesn't bet out, if you raise, the Ks and Ts are still getting odds to call. So I'm not sure what to do here.

If you raised the SB on the turn, I think I call down the river on any non-diamond (if you didnt hit your house or back door flush).

This is my first hand analysis on this board, so if I did anything wrong tips would be nice. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me, except I would raise a diamond turn.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:36 PM

Would you all do the same if Hero had a set???
Old 12-30-2005, 09:24 PM

Probably not since I have more outs if I'm not ahead, and can redraw against a flush more often.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM

I think wait until the turn to raise. The pot has 17 bets in it and if you 3 bet there'll be 19 - only forcing others to call 2. Gutshots can call.

Raising on the turn will only give people 6:1 or a little more dpeending on how many are in.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:31 AM

Why is everybody assuming that SB will lead the turn?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:38 AM

SB will lead the turn if Hero calls. Now if Hero 3-bets here than we have a whole different situation.