Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Analyze my stats - 11k @ $3/6 6max

All comments/suggestions welcome:

Old 12-24-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Analyze my stats - 11k @ $3/6 6max

Your flop and turn aggression are ridiculously high - you do have a Check button and a Call button on your version of Party right?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop and turn aggression are ridiculously high - you do have a Check button and a Call button on your version of Party right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe checking is unrelated to AF.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Heh. Maybe not, but replacing your check button with a bet button would make a difference no...
Old 12-24-2005, 06:46 PM

You're costing yourself a lot of money by not calling more on the flop and turn. You need to go to SD more. You're folding to much to a river bet. You need to check more after a PFR. You also need to raise more PF
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 PM

Fit or fold poker is a good way to be a loser at SH.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 PM

The way I see it, if I'm in early position and I plan on calling a bet (say with middle or sometimes bottom pair), I might as well lead out myself if I'm in early position. I would only check/call in early position on certain draws.

If for example I'm heads-up in late position, calling the flop generally results in being bet into on the turn and river, costing 2.5B for a showdown. If I raise the flop with top/mid pair or a draw, I can take the lead 90% of the time on the turn and bet, or check to continue drawing for cheap. To raise flop / check turn with a draw, I see the river card for 1 bet plus I get fold equity on the flop. Being raised on the flop, my opponent might not even bet the river, giving me a showdown for 1 bet! To call/call/call, it costs me 2.5 Bets for a showdown and there is no chance my opponent will fold.

What situations exactly should I be calling in ?
Old 12-24-2005, 07:09 PM

I agree with leader, winning 57% of showdowns is to high of a number. I think you are folding too much on the river.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I see it, if I'm in early position and I plan on calling a bet (say with middle or sometimes bottom pair), I might as well lead out myself if I'm in early position. I would only check/call in early position on certain draws.

If for example I'm heads-up in late position, calling the flop generally results in being bet into on the turn and river, costing 2.5B for a showdown. If I raise the flop with top/mid pair or a draw, I can take the lead 90% of the time on the turn and bet, or check to continue drawing for cheap. To raise flop / check turn with a draw, I see the river card for 1 bet plus I get fold equity on the flop. Being raised on the flop, my opponent might not even bet the river, giving me a showdown for 1 bet! To call/call/call, it costs me 2.5 Bets for a showdown and there is no chance my opponent will fold.

What situations exactly should I be calling in ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to post hands. Your logic works in some cases and doesn't in others. Calling is often the optimal strategy with semi strong hands against aggressive opponents. Not pushing people off their bluffs on the flop and the turn is a big money maker in SH.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:20 PM

you are WAY too aggressive on all of the streets.