Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Default floped straight, turn pairs board

I have no reads, as i just sat down. I should have bet a little more on the flop and turn.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($16.70)
Hero ($52.15)
UTG ($49.25)
MP ($47.40)
CO ($58.10)
Button ($40.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls $1.

Turn: ($3.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($13.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button raises all-in to 34.25 Hero...
Old 10-12-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: floped straight, turn pairs board

At the tables I seem to play at it appears that villian has a set with top kicker. Ace eight would be a logical starting had here. You called the turn after the board paired. What were you looking to pick up on the river? Maybe a re-raise of about half the pot would have defined your hand on the turn. I don't think that this guy was playing 8 4 but I guess you never know. His bet on the river looks like he doesn't want a call. I think that if i get to this river I call his all in bet. If he has the boat i pay him off.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM

I would bet the pot on the flop. On the turn, a re-raise might be a good way to get info, but it would pot-commit you probably.
I could see a set of sixes being played like this, only hand I would put villain on that beats you. Maybe he limped 8Ts, 86s??? I wouldn't think so. He also could have a whiffed flush draw, a massive overbet on the river usually reeks of that.
I hate these situations. I wouldn't be able to lay this down, I'm just not good enough.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM

This is a very easy call.