Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: The last stand of the American Republic....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you live in Florida your right to vote for president was taken away. If you vote on a diebold machine, your right to vote does not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a third time I'll ask you for specific citation of credible proof beyond any doubt of yet another one of your ridiculous claims that persons' rights to vote for president have been stripped or denied. Specific proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? There's plenty of documented cases of people, in florida and elsewhere, that have been improperly denied their vote. In florida specifically, many people were removed because they had names similar to some convicted felons.

Here's a story from 2004:

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGB7TQUZ5VD.html

[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of people wrongly removed from voter rolls in 2000, who never committed felonies or whose rights had been restored, may not yet have been put back on the rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend five seconds on google and you can find a lot more documentation.

Note that while right-wingers tend to attempt to manipulate voter demographics by disqualifying voters, left-wingers tend to attempt to manipulate voter demographics by making it easier for unqualified people to get to vote. Assuming you can accurately identify qualified voters you think will vote for your opponent and get them wrongly disqualified or that you can accurately identify unqualified people that will vote for your side and get them improperly snuck into the voting booth, both tactics have the same *net* effect. The difference is that one prevents specific, identifiable people from casting votes, while the other cancels out votes of legitimate voters, but does it in a way that doesn't produce a specific, identifiable victim. Is one more reprehensible than the other?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I do not envy the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor do I, but it's the sign of a good leader to accept the consequences of saving lives rather than the consequences of watching them be lost.

Odd that the mass media wasn't bitching about former Presidents Clinton, Carter, and others doing the same thing.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, why do you need proof to see George Bush is a moron?

[/ QUOTE ]

On top of failing to cite any credible evidence whatsoever to my query (the only thing I requested in my post), you have invalidated any opinion you might have on the matter by completely failing to address the target of the actual query itself and rather redirected your post into unintelligent (and I do mean unintelligent) name calling. You've further embarrassed yourself by completely misusing and muddling a commonly called upon maxim to conclude your off the cuff post.

You win today's Billy Madison prize:

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not the problem that anyone has. The use of wire taps is not the issue- the use of wire taps without judicial oversight is the issue. All the agency (whatever agency it was) had to do was go to a judge, and tell that judge what they wanted to do. This has been done a thousand times before. Why did Bush feel that he had the authority to ignore standard procedure in these cases (since it was his order that allowed them to circumvent it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. 100%.

Supposedly they are just listening to terrorists. Yeah right. And your social security number won't be used for anything else. We are here from the government and we are here to help. The mercedes is paid for....
Old 12-30-2005, 12:27 PM

Pvn,

Citing a Tampa Bay Online story about a felon who can no longer vote because of a properly enforced law doesn't in any way whatsoever qualify the statement "If you live in Florida, you have no right to vote".

Nor does citing a story of how there may have been (and the article does emphasize that) some hiccups in the transition of enforcing this widely accepted rule which has possibly temporarily confused some legitimate people (whose party affiliation is, obviously, unknown) with felons, qualify that statement in any way.

[ QUOTE ]
Spend five seconds on google and you can find a lot more documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also spend five seconds googling about all of the rapes, murders, and cannibalism that was occurring in the SuperDome at the height of Hurricane Katrina. Do you accept this as infallible proof?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The Supreme Court stopped the 3rd or 4th recount after Al Gore lost all the previous ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

and... Gore would have lost anyway...

[ QUOTE ]
Do you deny there were people in Florida whose ballot had the "hanging chad" and whose votes did not count for fear of electing the man who actually won the election?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... do you deny that "hanging chads" are not legal votes and therefore cannot and should not be counted?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, why do you need proof to see George Bush is a moron?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really so ignorant? Do you really think a complete moron can be elected President twice?

You: "Yes! He stole the election.... twice!"

Ok - do you really think a complete moron can steal an election... twice?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 PM

The "Florida votes didn't count" thing is overdone. And wrong.

Honestly, with the idiots down there I think the country might be better off if they officially didn't count. Between Jebidiah and the people who can't read a punch card -- well, that is Amerikkka.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Just because its on the internet doesnt make it true.

More people Voted for Al Gore (including in Florida), but George's brother made sure he won. Pretty simple.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you read 1984?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

It was a very entertaining work of fiction.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

More people Voted for Al Gore (including in Florida), but George's brother made sure he won. Pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to say........

----