Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: just had chipotle for the first time today..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't really mean it sucks. it actually tasted good.

the thing is, it totally sucks when you compare it to a half-decent taqueria, even the ones i eat at in boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

you pinhead. Comparing Chipotle to real Mexican food is like comparing the US dollar to the Peso. Sure, both are money - but they're totally different. If it tastes good - and fits your budget - what's there to complain about? If you want good Mexican food - go to a Mexican joint - if you want a quick and fast burrito (a very casual relationship to Mexican food at most) - go to Chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

note that in my original post, i did say it was tasty. don't give me the "if you want a quick and fast burrito" argument though. most very good taquerias have you in and out just like chipotle. i'm not comparing it to a fancy sit down mexican restaurant or anything.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a) at chipotle you see your food the entire time. that makes it pretty close to impossible, unless you happen to be blind, for them to spit in your food.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am not saying chipotle is using sketchy meat...but the meat is pre-made and put out in a line in front of you. who is to say what grade the meat is that they are cooking? are you some kind of expert that you can stand in a line and from 20 yards away look over the counter and through all that crap back there and tell what cut of meat that mexican is chopping up? give me a break, you have absolutely zero clue what cut or grade of meat that mcdonalds chain is cooking up. the fact that you can "see" it is just comforting for you is all.
[ QUOTE ]
b) the meat at many taco shops in san diego is very, very sketchy compared to what you find in a chipotle. believe whatever you want, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have eaten at sketchy places in actual mexico and all over texas that have used all kinds of animals in their meat. it was frickin' great food too. i think you would be surprised at the crap you have put in your body unknowingly but your cookie cutter life as conditioned your brain to tell what is good for you and bad for you and in reality you have no idea.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a) at chipotle you see your food the entire time. that makes it pretty close to impossible, unless you happen to be blind, for them to spit in your food.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am not saying chipotle is using sketchy meat...but the meat is pre-made and put out in a line in front of you. who is to say what grade the meat is that they are cooking? are you some kind of expert that you can stand in a line and from 20 yards away look over the counter and through all that crap back there and tell what cut of meat that mexican is chopping up? give me a break, you have absolutely zero clue what cut or grade of meat that mcdonalds chain is cooking up. the fact that you can "see" it is just comforting for you is all.
[ QUOTE ]
b) the meat at many taco shops in san diego is very, very sketchy compared to what you find in a chipotle. believe whatever you want, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
i have eaten at sketchy places in actual mexico and all over texas that have used all kinds of animals in their meat. it was frickin' great food too. i think you would be surprised at the crap you have put in your body unknowingly but your cookie cutter life as conditioned your brain to tell what is good for you and bad for you and in reality you have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. at the taqueria i go to at home they have this big chunk of carnitas that they cut from and chop up right in front of you.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does it compare to anna's?

mmm...i love anna's...

*Edit* Nevermind I read on and realized you were probably referring to Anna's. Man I could go for a Super Steak right now. I wish I had discovered that place years ago, instead of 2 months ago. Where are there more, I've only been to the one in Brookline on Harvard.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the first one i went to also, but there's also beacon street, porter square, and davis square. there might be 2 on beacon st. actually.

i am surprised to hear boca grande is owned by the same people, and almost don't believe it due to the difference in quality. i'll look into that further

[/ QUOTE ]

are they all the same?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM

The steak burrito is the best thing at chipotle if you are getting anything else you are wasting your time
Old 11-28-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does it compare to anna's?

mmm...i love anna's...

*Edit* Nevermind I read on and realized you were probably referring to Anna's. Man I could go for a Super Steak right now. I wish I had discovered that place years ago, instead of 2 months ago. Where are there more, I've only been to the one in Brookline on Harvard.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the first one i went to also, but there's also beacon street, porter square, and davis square. there might be 2 on beacon st. actually.

i am surprised to hear boca grande is owned by the same people, and almost don't believe it due to the difference in quality. i'll look into that further

[/ QUOTE ]

are they all the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, basically identical. some of the crews are interchangable though. at one point if you wanted the best burrito you went to harvard, but if you wanted a quesadilla you went porter square. only very small differences though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you wanted the best burrito you went to harvard

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of context that is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM

I have to agree with daryn with his review. I tried Chipotle for the first time about 2 months ago. I actually went out of my way to go to the Chipotle location in San Francisco on Montgomery street and got a steak burrito with their hot sauce/salsa. I regretted it as soon as I saw that they used white rice. I also got a load of really bad/cheap steak in my burrito. I had to spit out 4-5 pieces because they were so rubbery.

Anyway, it isnt that bad but Id have to give it a poor grade if I compared it to any decent burrito joint or mom & pop taqueria that Ive gone to in san jose. Im guessing that everyone that hyped it up lives in a location where there are zero burrito joints and have never eaten Mexican food.

But Im real curious why the hell do they just use plain white rice in their burritos? Even taco bell has some form of imitation spanish rice in their food.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does Chipotle compare to Moe's southwest grill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipotle burritos are a little bigger, a little less greasy, use white rice instead of spanish, and seem to be wrapped more loosely. They don't give you the chips like moe's, but you can buy a big bag of chips and salsa for like $2 extra.

I like both. I switch it up depending on what I feel like.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does Chipotle compare to Moe's southwest grill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chipotle burritos are a little bigger, a little less greasy, use white rice instead of spanish, and seem to be wrapped more loosely. They don't give you the chips like moe's, but you can buy a big bag of chips and salsa for like $2 extra.

I like both. I switch it up depending on what I feel like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been doing the MOES thing for about a month. Probably 3-4 times a week. IMO Moe's is much better than Chipotle due to all the extras that you can throw in there. and the employees seem to be nicer. The one thing i hate about Chipotle is how you get all your meat on one side and all your rice on the other. When i ask them to mix it up i always get the "I don't get paid enough to mix up your [censored] white dude." Moe's or Baja Fresh. no more Chipotle for me...