Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final 27

[ QUOTE ]
matusows kinda grown on me. there isnt much that would make me lose my cool but what sheik did was awful and would test me.
matty

[/ QUOTE ]
I missed it. What exactly happened?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 PM

A brutal one.

Tim Phan Eliminated in 24th Place ($304,680)

Hand 33 - Joe Connor has the button in seat 9, Black raises, and the action is off the monitor, but he's soon all in against Tim Phan. Phan shows pocket tens (10h-10s), and Black has Ah-Qh. It's a race situation as the flop comes Ad-10d-9s, and Phan makes a set of tens over Black's pair of aces. The turn card is the Qd, giving Black two pair, and he can now catch a queen or an ace on the river for a full house to win the pot (4 outs). The river card is -- a QUEEN! Andrew Black makes a runner-runner full house to eliminate Tim Phan in 24th place, earning $304,680.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 PM

OMFG
Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who saw Sheikhan making a masterbating hand motion while he was not standing up for Raymer's elimination?

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw it, classy
Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM

Hand 35 - There is a dead button in seat 2, Hachem raises, and Dannenmann calls. The flop comes 10d-9s-5d, Dannenmann bets, Hachem raises to $1,000,000, and Dannenmann reraises all in. (It's uncertain whether or no Dannenmann bet out initially, but the million-dollar bet and the all in are clear.)

Hachem asks for a count of Dannenmann chips, and then spends some time studying his opponent. He even stands up at one point, taking a drink from his bottle of water. He says something to Dannenmann, who then carefully rechecks his cards, and then wipes his brow as if to say, "Phew." Hachem has a small laugh at this, and the crowd giggles as well. Dannenmann is having some fun with him, putting on his sunglasses as if he is deathly serious about hiding any tells, and then laughing and taking them off. Hachem is still standing, studying his own chips as he contemplates the call. Dannenmann says something else to him, and they exchange a few more words.

Somebody at the table calls the clock, and Tournament Director Johnny Grooms says that he now has one minute to act on his hand. About ten seconds later, Hachem folds his cards, and Dannenmann asks if Hachem would like to see what he had. Hachem says he would, and Dannenmann shows pocket nines (9c-9h) for middle set.

It was a $2.5 million pot, and Dannenmann should be among the chip leaders at this point.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 PM

Danneman isn't nervous AT ALL.

Good fold hachem.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 PM

Wow, that hand between Dannennman and Hachem was great. I wonder why ESPN chose to show the relationship between those two... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 PM

I would be killing myself for reraising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] No rabbit cam?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Am I the only one that considers folding KK when my opponent calls a bet on the a 365 rainbow flop the turn is a 7 and I get raised big?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM

i hate tommy vu

edit: and dont ban me dynasty, i'm just bitchin cause he punked me really bad on day 1 by reraising me every time i stole