Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

Ahh you are right, true.

The only thing to realize is, if you take the free rooms, say twice a week, and didn't realize it was counted as income, you could be hit with an unexpected tax bill.

I think it's different from getting paid $200 in cash, since if you were paid $200 in cash, you may decide to keep it instead of spending it on the hotel room. If you get the room comped, you don't realize you are spending "$200" that you've just been paid on the hotel room, and that you have to pay income on that $200.

- Tony
Old 05-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Don\'t be fooled!! The Rake is ......

True, but, that's a different discussion. I've had my fill of tax talk for the year. I'm still pissed at what I had to pay. One thing I don't need right now is another reminder of "perks" the IRS decides I need to give them a slice. It's frickin' protection racket.

One little comment. If anything it should be more along the lines of a Wal-Mart Buy one get one item of equal or lesser value "free". I bought X in chips I'm getting an item (room) of equal or lesser (it was lesser) value free. That would make sense and simplify the bookkeeping, hence it won't happen.

Thanks, thwang, you'v managed to get my BP up. You in league with my wife? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]