Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Strange 20/40 hand

Seat 7 was LAG and could have been completing on third with lots of hands, so I thought the call on third was OK. The call on fourth by Seat 1 is definitely scary, and I was basically giving up on fifth. Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.05 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.03 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (5.03 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (5.03 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (7.03 BB)
Old 11-16-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Strange 20/40 hand

I wouldn't consider calling third.
After that the hand plays itself really, I would have played every street the same.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:35 AM

You wouldn't consider calling third? You mean like...it's a given to call third street? Or you would have passed at first chance?
With the raise being from a LAG I would call I think, I like the hand.

JMB
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Is betting sixth a bad idea?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 PM

I really don't like calling the 3rd street completion in this game, and this spot. He may be bad, but he could easily have a king to complete here, leaving you with 3 outs and hurting your runner runner chances. I also don't really like the 4th street bet. One of these opponents is calling and the K doesn't seem like he is giving up a pair better than 10's here. Plus, the 9 had something to call the completion on 3rd too. Case 9 in the hole? Pocket pair? Many of these people will not fold these hands. Plus, neither is making you for trips since you didn't complete third yourself. I put you on one pair only (three broadway cards) pretty easily in this spot.

The river bet is a no brainer.

Jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 06:58 PM

I would pass---fold third.

Are we looking for an ace here? A double gut with a K dead?

Pair up under the K?

I have a hard enough time having a pair of Js hold up, never mind trying to make them.

I just hate to give up a bet and drop a 2, 3, 4 etc...

I just think this is gambling, and it's fine, as long as you understand that's you are doing.

In MHO, it's -EV