Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Default I opened up a Pacific Poker account.

Yay.

Is this a good place for us to have a private table? My username on there is BeerMuny.(I tried to sign up as Roland, just so I could kill his table image.) Say hello if you see me on.

PS. Are there any significant benefits to playing on Pacific? (Any particular soft game other than HU against Carlos? Do they have good tournies?)

Thanks guys.

Beer
Old 10-14-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: I opened up a Pacific Poker account.

[ QUOTE ]
Yay.

Is this a good place for us to have a private table? My username on there is BeerMuny.(I tried to sign up as Roland, just so I could kill his table image.) Say hello if you see me on.

PS. Are there any significant benefits to playing on Pacific? (Any particular soft game other than HU against Carlos? Do they have good tournies?)

Thanks guys.

Beer

[/ QUOTE ]You've probably often heard that Pacific has the worst players on any site. I don't know whether or not that also holds true for stud though. I played there to whore a bonus earlier in the year. The place left a bad taste in my mouth because I did suprisingly poorly there playing O8 and Stud/8.

Not to mention their software is abyssmal. You can only have one table open at a time and there are no instant hand histories. I don't know anything about private tables or their tourneys. I think their rake is on the high side too.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:55 AM

It looks like the 3/6 has $.25 ante.. That's interesting.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Beer,
The players at Pacific are the worst on the internest in my opinion. If I could play 3-4 tables there and you didn't get dc every 5 mins I would tell Party to go screw themselves and move my money. However this is not the case. They don't offer private tables or private tournies as far as I know. They do have some great Multi Table Holdem Tournies. Pretty sure they don't offer any other types of tournies period besides holdem. The Sunday 100K 100 buy in is amazing. Almost always about a 30-40K overlay and the play is terrible. I wish I had more time to play it. I think the low limit stud games run pretty often, but I'm not to sure about the higher stuff. I've seen the 15-30 game run on occasion. Good luck there and let us know how it goes.

Scags
Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi Beer,

bad players + bad software + poor ante bring in structure + slow cash outs = big profits & big headaches...I just signed up for pacific poker recently and it reminds me of the now dead 20/40 pound game on Crypto.

Sitting with siam and carster at a 30/60 is like swimming with the fishes...

Good Luck,
Carlos

PS. According to dictionary.com:
shark (shärk)
n.
Any of numerous chiefly marine carnivorous fishes of the class Chondrichthyes (subclass Elasmobranchii), which are sometimes large and voracious and have a streamlined torpedolike body, five to seven gill openings on each side of the head, a large oil-filled liver, a cartilaginous skeleton, and tough skin covered with small toothlike scales.