Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Movie: Blood in Blood out / Bound by honor

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the one where Benjamin Bratt is a gangbanger that leaves to join the Marines, then comes back as a cop? That part of the movie got very little play in the final edit, but I was working in the Marine Public Affairs Office at the time, and I was the USMC consultant for that part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one. It may be enhanced in the DVD edit, the thing goes on for a life age.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is that the one where Benjamin Bratt is a gangbanger that leaves to join the Marines, then comes back as a cop? That part of the movie got very little play in the final edit, but I was working in the Marine Public Affairs Office at the time, and I was the USMC consultant for that part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one. It may be enhanced in the DVD edit, the thing goes on for a life age.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took Bratt over to "Receiving Barracks" which is where recruits arrive at boot camp. I asked him to stand on the yellow footprints where recruits first stand in formation immediately after getting off the bus from home. Then I called this huge DI over. The guy came up behind Bratt and just started chewing him a new one, R. Lee Ermey style. Totally caught him by surprise and went on for about a full minute. So here's this bigshot semi-moviestar standing there his eyes wide with fear, trembling and scared. He told me after he thought he was gonna piss himself. He was really cool about it. Said it would really help put him in the mood for the part. He was a pretty nice guy.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:48 AM

Its a truely amazing movie.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:20 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Great movie but it trys too hard at some points to be powerful. Not natural like American History X

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, yes. american history x was so subtle...