Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 12:15 PM

Default pokerroom halloween special

pokerroom is having a 10 rebuy with 5000 added for the top 10 players who knock out the most players. Most of their rebuys are limited to 1 in the 1st hour with the standard add-on. I am curious as to how to play a tournament with such a bounty? I know that the play will be extra loose and wild with it being a rebuy and with the bonus of the bounty. Would you gamble more or less in this situation or do you make up your mind to either try and bust as many people as possible?

I am fairly new and would like some opinions

Thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: pokerroom halloween special

If you go after the knockout bounty you will not play your best. I would just take advantage of everyone else doing this and try to win the tourny.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:27 PM

The first hour this is going to be a total crap shoot. People will probably go all in, and call with very slight edges. I would hold back. Play tight and you will:

1. Get a few knockouts in the first hour
2. Stick around for the 2nd and 3rd hours.

This bonus is very deceptive, but I am almost certain it will reward those who make it to the last 2-3 tables.

If it gets 500 - and everyone rebuys, that's 1,000 bounties available.

With their being 50 tables, if you knock out 4 or 5 in the first hour you would be on the top of the leader board. But really, 5 bounties isn't very many.

The people in the top 20 will almost assuredly win the Bounty Bonus as well.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:30 PM

that does make more sense and let the bounty happen if it happens. I am currently playing alot of low limit MTT there and do quite well. Last week alone I made 3 final tables with 250-350 per tournament and moneied 3 other times. Yet to record a win but in time I think it will come. I have started to play a few sit and go's to help out with situations of a final table/late in tournament. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.