Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: fire the third barrel?

well the reason I call is for a couple of things. I think my hand is best...but I don't reraise. He is not expecting me to wake up with AQ here...not to mention that the preflop raiser folded to my flop bet anyway. _Most_ people are reraising with AK, KK and AA...the only real hands i'm afraid of here. Also _most_ villains are reraising a set or a straight somewhere on this hand.....i mean, I'd reraise one on the turn because of the flush possibility and the thought that I might not get paid off if the flush hits the river, or even worse, I might lose.

Also at the 25nl tables, people will flat call a raise with any two cards, and I mean any two. I fold a lot of stuff to that raise, I probably don't call it with AJo...AQ is about the limit of the stuff i'd call a raise with from the SB..i'd call with pocket pairs too. The flat calls don't worry me at all, because i'd expect a raise from KK,AA or AK, which is really all I fear.

By just calling, I get some deception here...if He's got an ace smaller than me, I'm in good shape, and if an ace flops, i'm going to play cautiously because I could be behind AK from the original raiser...the best card for me is the queen, which I got.