Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 140k hand checkup

42/50 SD stats looks really solid for SH but for ring game I'm a little skeptical that the OP can be be a big winner 7-10 handed with a leak like that unless he had many good runs.

It's not a huge leak but I would be interested in seeing how often OP goes to SD on steal attempts.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your wsd/w$sd shocks the hell out of me for full ring, but they arent bad they are very impressive. i think if you went to showdown a little less, like 40% your w$sd would go up a point or two and you would make more money. 42/50 though shows that you must be making some good money, but 40/52 would probably be better

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is accurate. I think I am making a significant number of marginally bad flop calls that are forcing me into situations where I have to go to showdown. I have tried to address this several times, but I can never figure out which ones are barely right, and which are barely wrong. If someone would be willing to review some of my play, please let me know. I would try to do one of those video sessions, because I believe those are way better to analyze than sample hands in a vacuum.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:11 PM

I got to SD 33.17% of the time where I attempt to steal. Winning 47% of those hands.

When I defend the SB, I go to showdown 53.21% of the time, winning 45.64%. (.12) bb/hand overall

When I defend the BB, I go to showdown 46.07% of the time, and win 46.62% of those hands. (.27) bb/hand overall.

As a note, the aggression and blind defense number are only from my last 70k hands where I have been running poorly, I accidentally killed my PT database a few months ago. The VPIP-PR raise numbers include all 140,000 hands, but excel has to compute those for me using aweighted average. My blind numbers were significantly better in the first 70k hands. losing something like (.18) and <(.10) in the small and big blinds respectively.

In a related story, I feel like I have been playing terribly recently, in addition to not running well. I think I am actually losing value by going to showdown with people based on PT information. I am considering experimenting playing without it for a while. I play better poker then.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM

im building a site where anyone can upload and download videos entirely free of charge. ill let you know when its out by pm since you probably dont keep up with twoplustwo culture that much. id love to see you play.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Just FYI, we've played quite a bit together live at TS. AIM is the best way to get ahold of me: xela13alex. PM works too though, thanks
Old 10-29-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I defend the BB, I go to showdown 46.07% of the time, and win 46.62% of those hands. (.27) bb/hand overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elmo, is that your overall BB WR or your BB WR when defending?
Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got to SD 33.17% of the time where I attempt to steal. Winning 47% of those hands.

When I defend the SB, I go to showdown 53.21% of the time, winning 45.64%. (.12) bb/hand overall

[/ QUOTE ]

Your SD stats for steal attempts look pretty standard but your going to showdown way too often when defending blinds.

Which is strange since your not over-defending your blinds, well at least preflop your not.

Maybe if I were you I would start working on letting go some marginal situations when OOP from the blinds.

gl
Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 AM

Overall, unsure how to get the other number