Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: What are my chances?

William,

As for my "working days" .... I will have to engage in some introspection after running this company for 4+ years, living down here in Costa Rica, and being able to spend time looking for customer feedback and posting on 2+2 while sitting by the pool, ....... Nah, I think I'll keep doing what seems to work.

2+2 provides us with feedback from both our own customers and from players who do NOT like our site. Both are valuable. We have found the opinions and suggestions from non-customers have let us know what we have missed and what we should try to do better.

As for the underlying issue of making customers welcome and appreciating their business: Okay, I guess you convinced me ..... You, we would not pay.... Someone who does play here is appreciated and treated accordingly, as would be anyone who wants to give us a try.

Regards,

Truepoker CEO
Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reply is SUCH POOR TASTE. You have nothing constructive to say and certainly offer NO help.

CEO deserves a little Benefit of a Doubt here. He simply responded to an unfortuante event, explaining how his site would handle the sitation. As a matter of record, he has now committed himself and his site to handling these problems accordingly. I am not saying the Party should award the whole pot to the OP, but I think that having his personal losses refunded would be more than fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would echo this sentiment. TruePoker CEO is a class act and he runs a class poker site.

You can rely on what he tells you and I believe the larger sites could learn alot from this CEO and his company when it comes to customer service!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Do you still only have 2 disconnect protects when you are ten tabling party? Are the DPs used per table or per instance of disconnect. ie. if you are disconnected does it use one DP for all ten tables you are playing or one DP per table?

If it is per table then what could have happened if you were all in on two other tables where the showdown occured before this table, your DPs would then have been "used" by the time this table got to showdown. The odd thing here though is that you were already heads up at the river on this table. Hard for two other tables to complete much sooner than this one. Check your hand histories and see if this is the issue.

Obviously if DP is used in this "one per table" manner there will be much more issues with this now if only 2 DP's are still allowed whereas people can now play 10 tables.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

David, Daniel (sorry, I can't remember you name),

I understand I may seem rude to you and others. I have no problem with that.
What I don't like is people that are all the time hunting bad decisions from other sites (mostly Party) to try to promote their own site. You are not alone, Lee does it as well.

It might be that it is regarded smart and clever in the world you live in, I am just glad my world is different. That you and others don't like it, I couldn't care less, this is a free forum and if you are allowed to kick the man lying for your own bebefit, I am allowed to tell you that you are behaving like an opportunist. I much more liked you when you posted (and promoted your site, I have no issues with that) talking positive and trying to attract customers by offering good deals and listening to the players. Today pointing your finger at other sites mistakes and claiming that you would not do the same just doesn't do the trick.

Just look at the number of people that play at TruePoker and perhaps you will realise that I am not the only one thinking that way.

Regards,
William

PS. I remember a tourney you held for 2+2s some years ago when everything went wrong and you had to cancel. As I remember you refunde everyone, but refused to discuss the matter with us (it's ok, everybody can behave badly here and there). What I don't recall is other sites posting that your site sucked (wich it doesn't btw)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David, Daniel (sorry, I can't remember you name),

I understand I may seem rude to you and others. I have no problem with that.
What I don't like is people that are all the time hunting bad decisions from other sites (mostly Party) to try to promote their own site. You are not alone, Lee does it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All the posts that I have seen from this poster struck me as free ads for his site. Just my impression, but impressions are what form decisions about things like where to play.

My impression is that Lee Jones is a little less opportunistic in his posts here, and a little more genuinely concerned about customer service. But I am under no illusion that he posts here with no ulterior motive either.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 AM

Haha, there you go William [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The reason I quit playing TRUE was that it would time me out from SB and give me dissconnectprotect due to me answering door or what not, and not reset my dissconnect protect again for 24 hours after that.

It is not right to give dissconnectprotect to players who time out due to not paying attention.

Other than that your site was too busy for my eyes over my lenghty shifts of poker.

Always liked you posting here though.

Make your site the lowest in Rake and I might come play there.

ToT
Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 AM

EXCELLENT!

BECAUSE you run a poker site, your opinion IS NOT WANTED on how A POKER SITE should handle a sitution like this.

You people don't know WHAT THE @#$% you are griping about. All opinions have some degree of merit, and the fact that he runs a poker site should make his opinion worth MORE, not LESS.

You are criticizing him because you view him as opportunistic. That's just good business.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:14 PM

You are criticizing him because you view him as opportunistic. That's just good business.

You are free to think so, I totally disagree.
That kind of "good business" has (at least with me) the effect of never wanting me to play there.

On the other hand, not everybody knows how to handle several forks and knives at a dinner table.... you can't decide where you are born, and what manners you are teached as a child. You can certainly do something about it once you grow up.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Aren't you the guy that used to post crazy conspiracy theories about cheating online?

No, I'm not talking about Russ from RGP.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Nothing ever changes huh bananaboy?
Still crawling behind others with your tongue sticking to their bottoms? Need a new job or what? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]