Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:48 PM

Default AK live vs. AK online

Are you more or less likely to limp with AK live? Reason i ask is last time i went to Turning Stone i saw two players who i regarded as being solid showdown AK in a limped pot probably 6-7 times. They also seemed to be winning money doing this.

A lot of the value with AK comes from playing it heads up, which is easier to get online. Live, many players are limping and then calling a raise with a wide variety of hands, and although a dominated ace is calling a lot preflop, AK in a 5-way pot is not very strong even if you flop on A or K. This is why i think it might be better to just limp and win a nice pot against a typical live player who is limping K8 in LP.
Is this logic sound or crazy?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: AK live vs. AK online

limping AK has merit for sure. i dont do it more live than online or vice versa. the benefits of the limp are u get more value out of Ax and Kx, and u dont have to make c bets that will automatically get called. the benefit of raising it are that it plays better hu and gives u more opportunity to take it down w/ a c bet...