Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Default How\'s this line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($165.95)
UTG ($18.45)
Hero ($185.95)
CO ($36.55)
Button ($94.50)
SB ($88)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $4</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $4, UTG folds.

Turn: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls $6.

River: ($26) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15.

Final Pot: $56
I'm thinking that it might have better had i checked behind on the turn, but i also assumed a 2 would either lead or at least raise me when i bet. After he just called i assumed i was value betting the river against 4x or something like 77, 66. Is this a correct assumption?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: How\'s this line?

i think if i chose to bet the turn i would at very least bet 1/2 pot, and taken a free showdown if i went unimproved...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM

I was caught b/w checking turn and calling bet on river and betting turn checking behind river if unimproved. Which is better? Or is it really close?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was caught b/w checking turn and calling bet on river and betting turn checking behind river if unimproved. Which is better? Or is it really close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its close, but the problem is it gets tricky if/when an overcard comes on the river, esspecially an A. Personally I think I'd go for the check turn/call river (not since you boated, but unimproved). But the villian really has not shown any signs of having more than over cards looking for a little luck, so it may be better t ocharge him on the turn.

Flip a coin or something, I cant decide.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:59 PM

I'm not sure I like the line. I think I consider checking behind on the turn only because I'd fear the checkraise from the 2. That didn't happen so now i'm wondering what he has. After that river, I think I might consider a full pot bet on the river, maybe even an overbet to make it look like a bluff. If the opponent has the straight or the 2, I think you get a call every time here. Villain's line is real weird and he might even have something like 77 or 99....I think you get a call here with a much larger bet than 1/2 pot on the river. I think if he'd call 15 he'd call 26.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I like the line. I think I consider checking behind on the turn only because I'd fear the checkraise from the 2. That didn't happen so now i'm wondering what he has. After that river, I think I might consider a full pot bet on the river, maybe even an overbet to make it look like a bluff. If the opponent has the straight or the 2, I think you get a call every time here. Villain's line is real weird and he might even have something like 77 or 99....I think you get a call here with a much larger bet than 1/2 pot on the river. I think if he'd call 15 he'd call 26.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this analysis. I would NOT check the turn here, as plenty of scare cards can come off and put you in a bad spot. I dont really fear a c/r here, I will just happily much my hand. I would bet 1/2 here and chech behind UI. If an overcard came and villain led river, I would probably muck it. As for the way hand way played, value bet river is fine, no reason to overbet here.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Bet a little more on the turn ($8) with the plan to check behind/call half pot bet on the river. As played, a 2 or a straight is calling any bet and everything else is folding. I would bet close close to pot, but 3/4 pot probably isn't wrong either.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet a little more on the turn ($8) with the plan to check behind/call half pot bet on the river. As played, a 2 or a straight is calling any bet and everything else is folding. I would bet close close to pot, but 3/4 pot probably isn't wrong either.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the hand went down, I find it very unlikely that villain has a two, and the str8 hit on the turn, so I would expect villain to c/r there. I think villain has a small pair or maybe a passive 1010 at best, and I see no reason to blow villain off his hand with a strong river bet. I think hero's river value bet is good, and do not like a bigger bet here.