Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 12:53 AM

Default fast food you piglets

hey i like that crap as much as anyone. i just dont eat it hardly ever anymore. it is literally poison for your body. high fat made with the cheapest and worst ingredients around. they add what ever they can legally to make it taste good and addictive. when you are young and invincible everything seems not to matter. later on you regret what you did to yourself and will for sure say you wouldnt have done it if you had known. now i know better late than never. and so do you.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: fast food you piglets

You're making yourself sound old. Soon, you'll sound like Andy Fox. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2004, 02:18 AM

So here I am minding my own business, when all of a sudden . . . [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dynasty eats crap most of the time.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:25 AM

Ray, no "ingredient" is worse for your body than bacteria. And a burger at Burger King is more sterile than any sandwich from any deli, and more sterile than anything that has been in your refrigerator for 6 hours.

And the cheapest ingredients also happen to be some of the simplest ingredients, meaning food that is the friendliest to people with food allergies. Burger King is the least common denominator: the safest, cleanest food for the most people, despite some hippie/utopia/aesthetic hallucination of yours involving brightly-colored fruit.

Ground flesh, a piece of bread, a leaf of lettuce? That's what people have been eating for thousands of years! Sliced fried potatoes? That's what people on this side of the Atlantic ocean have been eating for thousands of years. "Ingredients?" What, are you going to Burger King to buy a cake?

Exactly how much money do you want them to spend on the ingredients in a hamburger bun? Should there be organic mango extract in there or something?

Sometimes I go for days in a row eating nothing but Burger King.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray, no "ingredient" is worse for your body than bacteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would die without bacteria in your body
Old 06-26-2004, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ray, no "ingredient" is worse for your body than bacteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would die without bacteria in your body

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh my God aren't you a genius. Let's see, in our little five-node neural network that is your brain, is it possible decide whether anthrax is bad? Oh, but wait, bacteria is good! I'm such a contrarian!
Old 06-26-2004, 11:06 AM

Subway has some healthy sandwiches on multigrain bread. It is doubtful that bacterial listeria cases are prevalent from eating Subway food or we would have heard about it.

As for BK and McD's:

*high fat burgers = bad

*fries boiled in lard = bad

*mayo = bad

*white processed flour = the least nutritious kind, plus slow passage through intestines due to lack of roughage allows crap to ferment longer in your guts in contact with the intestinal walls which increases your chances of colon cancer

*char-broiled meats and fried oils (except for monosaturated oils like olive oil) are some of the very worst causes of dietary free radicals which in turn damage your cells themselves and cause premature aging

So either get smart and eat at Subway, or but Met-Rx 16 oz. ready-to-drink cans and get better nutrition and feel better for less than it costs to eat at BK.

Or just go on eating frequently at burger joints. When you get heart disease or colon cancer around the age of 50 don't say Ray Zee and M didn't warn you. If you just eat there once in a while your body can handle the junk but a regular diet of it will kill you.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:09 AM

Actually, any dietician will tell you that eating a Double Whopper and large fries is a literally moronic thing to do. It tastes great, sure. This is because they have infused the food with the things that a body craves: FAT AND SALT.

Just because your body craves it, doesn't mean it should be consumed in the amounts suggested by these companies as acceptable.

Some of the worst offenders are these TGI McGillicuddy places that have a bacon double cheeseburger on the menu. They contain literally three times the amount of fat and salt recommended for YOUR ENTIRE DAY.

Although I can appreciate your point, I think it's a little off here.

Next you'll be telling us that those Seven Dwarves weren't lying to Congress.

It's all the same.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Beautiful, M. Perfect. Hopefully someone will heed this advice.

I actually think it's even more important than people give it credit for. You may save a life if you keep up this kind of talk.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:48 AM

Raw meat would be healhier than cooked meat, contingent on the assumption that it is bacteria free. And I don't just mean listeria. There are millions of random varieties of bacteria that are known to damage cells and cause cancer. So far as salt, even when not used to kill bacteria, it still isn't bad. Fat is also a good thing, it is what enabled the human brain to grow bigger, which in turn enabled it to discover new tricks to procure fat. So far as "charbroiled," Burger King burgers have a few faint lines on them, they are probably seared less than a chicken breast cooked on your own stove in olive oil.

Now why is mayo bad? And what do you know about the flour in Burger King buns? So far as I can tell, it is much healthier than the gluten powder in cake mix, for example.

So far as cigarettes and Subway, don't you think there are some people who have tried Subway, and it disagrees with them? It can't be healthy to feel nauseous, or to be crapping rotted shredded lettuce all over the place. Subway pre-sliced meat is dank and slimy. There are reasons why people are repulsed by skanky meat, or why they have evolved habits of coating it in salt and pepper and cilantro, and smoking and drying it, and such. Cold, wet, over-handled meat runs contrary to the entire human experience. Take that away, and all you are left with at Subway is a bunch of soggy worthless vegetable fiber, and a lump of grain. Some people are not designed to thrive on grain, it even makes some of them sick.