Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode 2)

[ QUOTE ]
BB has 7d 5h (one pair, tens).

[/ QUOTE ]
I can top that. I once got called down by a person with 6 high. I don't remember all the details but they called with 64o which was about 2 cards shy of having an inside straight draw and I had top set or so.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode

I've done that crap, when I was just starting out, cuz I wanted to know what he had. Cuz, really, what's 4 cents? (ie this was at a much lower-limit table).
Old 09-24-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Is this move ethical?

Man, I'm down about 24 BB's in 3 hrs, but I just laughed my ass off over this.

I 3-bet a UTG loose raiser with AKo. His VPIP is high, but his pfr is low, so I figure he has a hand now. BB calls, UTG calls, and 3 see the flop. Flop comes rags, paired, and UTG bets, I raise, BB folds, and UTG makes it 3. I call. So he probably has a mid-pair. The turn comes and I see that UTG is timing out. At Full Tilt, you get 15 seconds. As he was approaching his time-out, I checked my bet-box. Upon his timeout, there was the instantaneous action of my bet and his fold. I've done this once before. Just wondering if it's shady, or just opportunistic! Anyone else do this?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Is this move ethical?

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I'm down about 24 BB's in 3 hrs, but I just laughed my ass off over this.

I 3-bet a UTG loose raiser with AKo. His VPIP is high, but his pfr is low, so I figure he has a hand now. BB calls, UTG calls, and 3 see the flop. Flop comes rags, paired, and UTG bets, I raise, BB folds, and UTG makes it 3. I call. So he probably has a mid-pair. The turn comes and I see that UTG is timing out. At Full Tilt, you get 15 seconds. As he was approaching his time-out, I checked my bet-box. Upon his timeout, there was the instantaneous action of my bet and his fold. I've done this once before. Just wondering if it's shady, or just opportunistic! Anyone else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is fine.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Wow! Its been a fine week. After all the "suckout" threads in the last week Im really starting to think that there are alll these filled up fish out there how are thinkin "damn I am the greatest player on earth". Unfortunately Im a family man with limited time to play this wonderful game so I must put out the challenge.....go forth all 2+2ers and resuckout on all those suckers out there who are filled to the gills. Comon guys...I want to see some "I rock at poker" posts soon. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me and Wookie that you are a poker king and won like a bazillion BB. tyvm

BTW I was reading some other forums in the past week and I came to realise that that there are a lot of dumbasses out there and that the 2+2 community is really very smart (eg there are a lot less "poker is rigged" posts here.......ali G respect)
Old 09-24-2005, 01:27 PM

so my point is thus......where has all the money gone with the supposed cold streak of my fellow players? It simply being temporarily being managed by the so called fish who will unwittingly give it back soon. 2+2 rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Gl to everyone in the path of Rita. From Downunder (and having been in the path of Jeanne and Francis whilst in Florida) I send my best wishes.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:48 PM

Disclaimer: I didnt read every single post in this thread so if im hijacking then I apologise but I was going on a "read". 2+2 is goot but it seems the 2+2 crew is suffering negative variance (or at leas the noobs are) so comon dudes, bust a move and show me some +ve BB before the beer dries up and I sober up. Long live Coopers. Go away Lion Nathan (The aussies out there should know what I mean....for everyone else.....no worries [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 09-24-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: I didnt read every single post in this thread so if im hijacking then I apologise but I was going on a "read".

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that, by definition, this thread cannot be hijacked.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Avatar hosting

I don't have any free web site hosting account, can someone suggest how to upload a photo so I can use a custom avatar? I must be the only moran who can't figure it out.

And no, it's not going to be a zoom in of Entity though that was my second choice.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:55 PM

as of a couple days ago i have discovered downsings.
as of a couple days ago, i discovered tilt.
as of a couple days ago, i have discovered that Sennheiser headphones don't hold up well to being tossed across the room.

As of earlier today, I realize I am in a combat zone breaking down doors and [censored] and i've been 100% stress free the past 9 monhts until just now. Getting stressed out playing hold em.

I consider quitting.

I win 51BB in an hour. ~ 100 hands.

Life is good again. For now.