Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2004, 06:21 AM

Default Check Raise %?

Hi all,

Could you please help me to see if I am on the right track?

I am new to SH (12K hands) and am beginning to realise that the extra aggression by opponents, the smaller number of opponents and the smallness of pots means that CR is a much more useful option than in many of the loose full ring games I have been used to.

What is your CR% from PT? Mine is 1.14 and is increasing but I think ther are amnay more sensible opportunities.

TYIA

trevor
Old 09-12-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Check Raise %?

Anyone? Is my figure too low?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:40 PM

I'm slightly higher at 1.44 but I know it could easily be more. I just flat out bet a lot.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:06 PM

.76% for me over 40k hands. However, I've just started experimenting with check and reraising a lot more and it seems to be working out well so far.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:48 PM

1.4 ish i believe.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:02 AM

Hmm, mine's at 2.66 and is pretty stable across different games.

Does anyone else have a number like this?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:37 AM

1.9% at 5/10 SH.

I dont slowplay to much, I like to bet. But since I like to bet I also have to check some ok hands, otherwise check=weak.

I normally checkraise in 3 situations.

1) On flop when I am sitting in blinds hitting a pair against preflopraiser. I want him to pay seeing turn with his overcards.

2) If I flop a good hand (like a set), bet flop from EP and turn is an A or other dangerous card. I check(raise), hoping A is theirs.

3) If I am on a draw against one or more aggressive player and I am checkcalling flop and hit my draw on turn or river.

Standard checkraise at SH is this: Someone flop a good hand from Early Position and think: "Oh, a good hand, lets slowplay..." This is normally not a good checkraise. Slowplaying should normally be done when you got position. Failure is to expensive out of position.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:39 AM

When I flop a monster, specially a flush, I also sometimes checkraise because noone believes you will go to war with the nuts on flop. If you checkraise on a 3-flush flop a lot of players will put you on toppair and play back with a lot of hands (like K high flushdraw and u sitting with A high flush [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 09-13-2004, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) On flop when I am sitting in blinds hitting a pair against preflopraiser. I want him to pay seeing turn with his overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my checkraises are of the blind defense type. Since the raiser will almost always bet when checked to -unless I think I can induce a raise- I will always checkraise defending the blind HU. And of course I throw in the occaisional bluff c/r as well HU.

[ QUOTE ]
This is normally not a good checkraise. Slowplaying should normally be done when you got position. Failure is to expensive out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of slowplaying and checkraising as very different.
Adding to your list, my second most often use of c/r is with vulnerable hands in SB or BB in multiway pots on the flop when I have aggressive players in late position.

I agree that you must often bet out in SH, and I'm open to the possibility that I c/r too much, but this thread does surprise me a little because I know I'm missing some river c/r, yet noone's posted a higher percentage yet.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:22 AM

You are so right there Kiddo and you are more right about the checkraise moves the higher limit you play, on higher limits people at most put you on weak hands the more you bet in some strange way. If you play 30/60 my experince is that you can checkraise with more hands than on lower limits.