Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Live 5/5 hand tough river

Live hosted home game. 5/5 blinds with no cap on buy-in and a dealer.

Villian in this hand is a dealer at a local casnio. I have played a couple of hours with him, but he has dealt to me many many times. So it is fair to say he knows a lot more about my game than I do about his.

The table has been ebbing and flowing between tight and loose. I have been playing opisite of the flow, tight when its loose, loose when its tight. I have nearly doubled up in the last hour, but have not shown down a hand yet.

The table is currently in a transision to loose.

PF: A couple of limpers to the villian in CO (~1750) who limps, I (1800) have 45s on the button and raise to 30, MP calls and villian calls.

Flop: (~100) 678r... MP checks, villian checks, I lead for 75, call, call.

Turn: (~325) A complete rainbow... MP open folds, villian leads for 125, I RR to 500, villian tanks and looks like he is going to push, but just calls.

River: (~1325) 7... Villian open pushes for ~1400

Based on his prior play and the way he played this, I put his hand range on 9T, 78, AA, AK or A rag for two pair. I figure more times than not he is raising AA or AK PF, so they are less likely, but I have seen him limp call with AA and AK before when he was running bad.

I really doubt he puts me on 45, more likely he puts me on a big ace, AA or set on the flop.