Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Let\'s evaluate Party .5/1 since the 6-max addition

How do you guys feel that the game has changed? I haven't played much full ring since 6-max came into the picture, but the times I have played it, it has been strange. The two things I've noticed are that all the tables are full, so finding a good seat at a good table is more difficult. Also, the tables feel a little more tight both pre and post flop. I've actually been able to steal the blinds a couple of times, which is new. Since I've decided to start seriously multitabling, I'm gonna head back to full ring for a bit of a slower pace so I can get used to it. Starting off a 6-max was not easy.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Let\'s evaluate Party .5/1 since the 6-max addition

Adding 6max tables to a limit always hurts the full game, at least a little. A lot of the crappy players head to the 6max because "at full tables with 9 other people I always get sucked out on and boo hoo life just isn't fair."

LAGs like 6max.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you guys feel that the game has changed? I haven't played much full ring since 6-max came into the picture, but the times I have played it, it has been strange. The two things I've noticed are that all the tables are full, so finding a good seat at a good table is more difficult. Also, the tables feel a little more tight both pre and post flop. I've actually been able to steal the blinds a couple of times, which is new. Since I've decided to start seriously multitabling, I'm gonna head back to full ring for a bit of a slower pace so I can get used to it. Starting off a 6-max was not easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing full-ring since the 6-max came out almost exclusively. And I really don't think much has changed.

The first couple days it tightened up a bit, but seems back to normal now. When my table gets tight it isn't hard to switch out to a better table.

During the day and outside of prime-time getting the juicy $8, $7 average pot tables is a little tougher, but there are still ample in primetime (after 10pm EST approx). But that isn't unusual.

I think it may just be strange because you sort of got used to 6-max, maybe. It feels exactly the same to me.

Oh wait, let me amend that... it has changed. The absolute LAGs are harder to find. Not that they aren't there... I've seen a couple since 6-max started, but they seem to be a bit rarer.

KO
Old 07-10-2005, 03:16 PM

ok... I have something to admit... I don't have PT.. not yet anyways. I will. anwyays, here's the point of my post:

does anyone have any numbers on the tables before/after? I think it might be interesting
Old 07-10-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok... I have something to admit... I don't have PT.. not yet anyways. I will. anwyays, here's the point of my post:

does anyone have any numbers on the tables before/after? I think it might be interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been recording average table VPIP, and it isn't real easy to get that out of PT once the tables are closed. Generally the HUDs display it, though.

I've seen between 19 and 42% VPIP since the change, with most in the 30's with occasional dips into the 20's.

But I'm still getting to play a lot of suited connectors, Axs, and Kxs from late position, which I only play when 3-4 people come in in front of me. My VPIP right now over almost 10k hands is 19.98.

KO