Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Pass the sugar!

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be some confusion regarding the douche quotient in Hachem's remark. I will clear that up. It was extremely douchey. Especially because he looked like he had been practicing in front of the mirror for the months preceding the tournament. Added to the douche factor was the fact that there were two more to come, and the turn card could have had him drawing dead to the river as said sugar was being passed. And to clarify, it wasn't entirely obnoxious, but it still generated definite douche chills as watching a grown man use such a lame, lame line has the tendency to do.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the coolest thing i have heard after some goes all in and flips nut flush, joe hachem rocks.
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

There seems to be some confusion regarding the douche quotient in Hachem's remark. I will clear that up. It was extremely douchey. Especially because he looked like he had been practicing in front of the mirror for the months preceding the tournament. Added to the douche factor was the fact that there were two more to come, and the turn card could have had him drawing dead to the river as said sugar was being passed. And to clarify, it wasn't entirely obnoxious, but it still generated definite douche chills as watching a grown man use such a lame, lame line has the tendency to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rounders. McDermott playing Chan scene. Take one.

Johnny Chan: "Ya have it?"

Mike McDermott: "Sorry John... I don't remember... Pass the suga'"

Definite douche line there.

~
Old 11-14-2005, 08:17 PM

Would've been awesome if Black filled up on the river and threw a packet of Sweet-n-Low at Hachem.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike McD: "You're right. It didn't help me. I flopped the nut straight. Pass the suga.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would've been awesome if Black filled up on the river and threw a packet of Sweet-n-Low at Hachem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

(Sick avatar btw)
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~

[/ QUOTE ]

NH's all around.

KGB: Acisss Fullll Mike....
Mike: I'm passing the suga [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM

I tried to use "Pass the splenda", and created an incredibly dumb joke.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was cool. Maybe you don't know or none of you know the "real" meaning, and maybe Hachem doesn't either, but it used to mean pass the cocaine. This was back in the '80's.

At least it was original. And give the guy a break, as soon as he noticed what he was up against, he realized that he might be a little premature.