Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another wonderful job by the mods
oo lets ban paul philips, one of pokers smarter minds.

yea thats smart.
ban barryg next while ur at it

[/ QUOTE ]

barryg behaves like an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said Barry behaves like an adult, not Barry is a saint. Adults get frustrated and angry too. And I don't see any juvenile behavior or name calling in that article.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Talk about immaturity and not understanding full context...

I guess I should be waiting for that challenge too.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

a) There is only one acceptable context to call someone a nazi, that is if they are in fact a nazi. Any other context is tasteless. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about how stupid you are for doing so.
b) The only immaturity in my post was the part about challenging paul phillips to a fight. I try to be funny sometimes, but I was being half serious. The moderators here are good people. They aren't Jew-murderers, or supporters of Jew-murder. Any allegations of such are offensive to me as a person.
c)I would destroy Paul Phillips in a HU match of fisticuffs
d)Don't think because you responded to my half-joke that I'm going to wig out on you too by challenging you to a fight, you didn't call anyone I respect a nazi.
e)grow up

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, Paul Phillips didn't call anybody a Nazi. Everybody keeps saying he did though.

Words have nuances, if you change the words he used, sometimes you change the sense of what he said. To my ear, this is one of those times.

--Zetack
Old 11-11-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Talk about immaturity and not understanding full context...

I guess I should be waiting for that challenge too.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

a) There is only one acceptable context to call someone a nazi, that is if they are in fact a nazi. Any other context is tasteless. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about how stupid you are for doing so.
b) The only immaturity in my post was the part about challenging paul phillips to a fight. I try to be funny sometimes, but I was being half serious. The moderators here are good people. They aren't Jew-murderers, or supporters of Jew-murder. Any allegations of such are offensive to me as a person.
c)I would destroy Paul Phillips in a HU match of fisticuffs
d)Don't think because you responded to my half-joke that I'm going to wig out on you too by challenging you to a fight, you didn't call anyone I respect a nazi.
e)grow up

[/ QUOTE ]

a. definition from Wikipedia
"[...]In pop culture, the term nazi (lowercase "n") can also be coupled with another word to imply overzealousness, aggression or hostility -- negative qualities often associated with the Nazi Party. Such usage was popularized in the November 2, 1995 episode of the successful 1990s sitcom Seinfeld. The plot is centered on a soup stand vendor who dispenses his wares in a harsh manner, thus becoming the titular "Soup Nazi." Such usage of the term is often humorous, although it can also be a pejorative. Other examples include feminazi, grammar nazi, fashion nazi, and Econazi. Many criticize the use of such terms as they appear to diminish the crimes of Nazi Germany during the Second World War.[...]"
Read Paul's thread on invoking Hitler / Nazis in his livejournal.

b. You think invoking Hitler in jest isn't funny, but threatening somebody with bodily harm is ?

c. Underlines that somebody needs to grow up. Another internet toughguy, whoop-de-doo.

d. If I call you a Nazi, do you promise to come after me ? Post up next time you're in Vegas.

e. Follow your own advice

Question to the mods: Is threatening other posters with bodily harm a bannable offense ? How does it stack up against Paul's initial post at he beginning of all this ?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ILL SAY IT SENSE NONE OF YOU OTHER FAGGGOTS GOT THE SACK TO DO IT. MASON, SKLANSKY AND ALL YOU OTHER FUCIN HOMOSEXUAL MODS [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF

FUC YOU GUYS YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH THE LITTLE FRANCHISE I PISS ON 2+2 BUT I WOULDNT PISS ON YOU ALL IF YOU WERE ON FIRE [censored] LAME COCSUKIN FAGGGOTS

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mastery of the English language is staggering
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>>but they sure aren't doing a very great job of running a messageboard.<<

What struck me as odd was the demand to Phillips that he 'apologize privately...and publicly' for his 'transgression', or be permanently banned.

Essentially, this was a demand that he grovel for the privilege of being allowed to post here, where it was extremely difficult to see where his post even remotely violated the posted TOC.

That's what led to my earlier speculation that perhaps there is more going on here behind the scenes than we are all privy to, because on the face of it the 'offense' and the demand for private and public apology seems frankly bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to make a lot of sense to me. Think back to high-school. Remember that teacher? (We ALL had one) The one who was painfully dorky, but ruled their classroom with an iron fist? As naive 16 year olds, we thought they were just mean. Truth is, we just got the [censored] end of the knee-jerk power trip that stemmed from a lifetime of 'Hey punk, gimme your lunch money' and prom dates with family members.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Am I the only one that finds it strange?

Paul Phillips "controversial" post was deleted and yet this one remains? I read his other post before it got deleted and it wasn't NEARLY as offensive as this one. The only thing negative he said in it was that the interface of 2+2 is brain dead or retarded or something to that effect. Now I don't know much about that sort of thing, and this interface seems as good as any other to me, but it strikes me that Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to computers, so if he says it stinks I believe him... His comment about Dynasty was not "derogatory" how is saying that Dynasty boasting about how many people he's banned adds fuel to the fire, in the least bit derogatory? Perhpas Dynasty isn't boasting, but he does point out who he has given a time out to, and it is merely Paul's opinion that it is "boasting" and that adds fuel to the flamers fire. NOT derogatory at all... I believe the most offensive part of his post was when he used the word dick as in "dick swinging contest" But hey, what do I know?

It probably was inevitable that with his outspoken nature Paul would get banned, but come on, this was pretty lame...

just my two cents...
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Am I the only one that finds it strange?

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing negative he said in it was that the interface of 2+2 is brain dead or retarded or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this interface seems as good as any other to me

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it strikes me that Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to computers, so if he says it stinks I believe him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we are finaly getting to the bottom of this controversy.

Vince
Old 11-12-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Write a constructive criticism. Don't use inflamatory terms or resort to namecalling. Instead, enumerate your gripe and offer positive suggestions about ways to remedy the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a serious problem when you have mods posting saying please don't lump me in with the other mods.

Just ax the 2 mods who need it. When I get dealt 32 I try to muck it early - waiting until the river to give up doesn't work as well.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a serious problem when you have mods posting saying please don't lump me in with the other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be about my comments, so I'll respond.

I wonder how you took my words and turned them into, "Please don't lump me in with the other mods." That's very different from what I said. The point of my post was to suggest that vague baseless generalizations tend to be rather unfair and counterproductive.

Personally, I think it's great that a couple of people are trying to help high noise forums become more civil.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think it's great that a couple of people are trying to help high noise forums become more civil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which forums are you talking about? Who are these two mods that are bringing civility back to the Internet?
Closed Thread