Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Play by play & color men

When I started playing in NYC awhile back it was clearly understood that there should be no talking during the play of a hand. Of course that understanding was sometimes ignored when players out continued a conversation started before the next hand was dealt but no offence was taken if they were told to be quiet. I can hardly ever remember players talking about what was going on in a hand in progress if they were not involved in the hand.

Today, all to often, folded players don't follow this rule. I notice, more and more, that two players seated next to each other, when both are folded, will openly talk about what is going on. One of them may have indicated what he had folded and they will converse along the lines of "I would have had a piece of that" and the next one advising him whether or not he thought it was good and what the other players may have and what they might do. They'll continue this way all the way to the end. They don't even try to keep their voices down. I've given up on trying to make them stop because they may stop for a little while and just do it again later and because I'd have to do it in every game I play. If anybody has come up with an effective way to get players not to discuss a hand in progress in this manner I'd like to hear it.

On a side note:

There are countless numbers of players who fold and then jump up, bang the table, or throw their arms in the air if the flop would've hit their hand esp. on a paired board. There's no way I've found to make them control that behavior either. The reply to my suggestion that they've given away information to players involved in a hand is often "I didn't say anything!" As if they HAD to "say" anything.