Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 08:21 AM

Default I, the fish and the unknown

Pacific 15/30.

Table is pretty sweet.
UTG is playing just about anything. He can make weird raises on occasions, like 3-betting my open-raise in MP with 85s, getting funky on the flop with a poor draw in a 3-way flop etc. Not over-aggressive, just... weird aggressive with one raise on one street every now and then. He usually raise if he hits, haven't seen him get tricky, and he will raise preflop with the "good" hands.

The CO is an unknown, recently sat down, no notes.

Button appears to be a solid player, but haven't too many hands logged with him.

I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG limps, folded around to the CO that limps, button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet and they call call. 4 to the flop.

6 BB [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
I bet, UTG calls, CODY285 raises, button folds, I call, UTG calls. 3 to the turn.

9 BB [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, UTG checks, CO bets, I check-raise...
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: I, the fish and the unknown

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific 15/30.

Table is pretty sweet.
UTG is playing just about anything. He can make weird raises on occasions, like 3-betting my open-raise in MP with 85s, getting funky on the flop with a poor draw in a 3-way flop etc. Not over-aggressive, just... weird aggressive with one raise on one street every now and then. He usually raise if he hits, haven't seen him get tricky, and he will raise preflop with the "good" hands.

The CO is an unknown, recently sat down, no notes.

Button appears to be a solid player, but haven't too many hands logged with him.

I'm dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG limps, folded around to the CO that limps, button raises, SB folds, I 3-bet and they call call. 4 to the flop.

6 BB [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
I bet, UTG calls, CODY285 raises, button folds, I call, UTG calls. 3 to the turn.

9 BB [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, UTG checks, CO bets, I check-raise...

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think the Cutoff is capable of folding a pocket pair or 8x in this spot than i dont mind the turn checkraise. Theres basically only 2 cards in the deck that could hit the turn that would make me think about checkraise bluffing, and that would be the Queen of any suit or the Jack of diamonds. But these kind of plays have to be made against the right opponent who can fold the hands I mentioned in this spot. The kind of opponent I would make this play on is someone who is trying to play well, but still still doesnt fully understand the game or a solid player who is up a certain amount of money so hes more likely to be conservative and not call down. Against an unknown I think its best to just play your hand straight forward and fold the turn unimproved unless you have the odds to continue.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: I, the fish and the unknown

[ QUOTE ]
Against an unknown I think its best to just play your hand straight forward and fold the turn unimproved unless you have the odds to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on the action of this hand, good advice.