Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Is getting away from AA on the flop here too tight?

Party 0.50/1, rather loose-passive table overall, BB's stats through 423 hands are 45.28/2.27/0.28, loose-passive fish but will raise preflop with a really premium hand, say AA-QQ, AK, maybe JJ and AQ. When I got check-raised on this flop by a player who is generally that passive postflop, I decided to throw away my AA, seeing as how 1) the pot was relatively small, 2) the only hand I think a passive player like him would raise here and I could beat would be KK (I'm not putting him on AA because I have two of the aces), and I'm not putting him on that because he didn't reraise me postflop, and 3) he has done nothing in the previous 400 hands to show me that he has the check-raise bluff in his arsenal. I have to put him on Qx, I think, and decided to not get married to my AA and mucked it.

Was this a good laydown, or are there enough another hands he could possibly have here to see the hand through?

--Scott

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB