Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: QTs from UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone raises preflop late, you're in early, decent sized field, this screams for a check raise on the flop or turn.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
Early? Two players "in front" of me vs one player "behind" me (in relative position to the PFR). That plus the chance of it being checked through made me bet. Everyone seems to agree to a check-raise though, so I guess I have a fundamental error in my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, the preflop raiser will auto bet in this spot when checked to. There are no gaurantees. Sometimes you miss it. If that happens, you then damn near bet the turn in the dark. Depending on the turn card, you raise if bet into.

Another way of doing it, given where the other players are at as you point out, is betting out, as you did, call the raise, then bet out on the turn. (Turn card depending) Looking back, given how the players are positioned, I kind of like that better. I think I missed that initially. I thought more people were behind you. Basically, you're trying to face some people with a double bet cold. However, sometimes just putting in a 2nd bet on the turn can scare them off, (much more-so than the flop)so you could also c/r the turn. But that's a street you don't want checked through if you are ahead and many PFR will auto bet the flop but check the turn. However, a turn raise can suck. It's actually a tough spot to be in during this hand given your position.

b