Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me

I have been playing internet poker since round about 1999. I started out on paradise poker and have played most every site out there at some point or another.

This past week something happened to me that has never happened before...a poker site up and literally stole 11,000$ dollars from me.

here's the situation. My playername on pokerhost is Water. I played there due to the shiny little pamphlet I got in teh mail and what seemed like a good incentive to buy in. I played mostly 40/80 HU and some 30/60 HU.

Pokerhost manager Joey would actually call me at my house and set up high stakes 40/80 for me to play.

During the course of my play I probably cashed out over 28k or so. These cash outs would require up to 7 or 8 days to process, I'd have to be on the phone with them at least twice a week.

I play on pokerstars, party, Pacific, UB, America's Card Room and a slew of others...mostly 15/30 some 30/60 and higher.

I borrowed 2.6k from a friend of mine on ACR, he simply clicked the 'transfer between players' button and sent me 2.6 from his account to my own.

I planned to pay him back on pokerhost site...when i went to try to transfer him money on pokerhost it was rejected, no reason given, just kept poppign back into my account.

so i had my friend sit at a NL HU(heads up) table and I lost two hands to him for 2.6k.

At this point Pokerhost seized both of our accounts and declared that we were cheating the site. They not only took the 2.6 k I'd just given my friend but the remaining 11k in my accoutn as well.

Are you kidding me???? on any other site I can click a transfer button, ship any amount of chips to another account. They accussed me of 'chip dumping' said it was in violation of their policy and that my account and money was forfeit.

Get this when i called them..they said that they DID NOT BENEFIT FROM MAKIGN THIS MOVE..when i questioned that they said ' <font color="blue">pokerhost in no way benefits from this, we will be dispersing your money amongst the players you won it from </font>

are you friggen kidding me???? not only are you seizing my money but you're giving it backto the people i won from???? unreal. I guess getting to rake 11k in free money all over again doesn't benefit you clowns at all eh?

in no way shape or form did i cheat those players in winning their money, never sat with my friend and colluded, no team play nothing..just 2 hands at a HU NL table to pay him back the money i owed him from another site.

the only thing i'm guilty of is trying to pay back my friend 2.6k that at ANY OTHER SITE YOU CAN JUST PRESS A TRANSFER BUTTON AND IT"S DONE IN under 1 minute!

Joey and Gino and pokerhost (their managers) are complete scams, i've never been so poorly treated by any site in my entire life.

I have no recourse it would appear..i sent them a letter from my lawyer...when i asked to speak to their boss..they laughed and said 'yeah right,only 12 people in the world know who he is'

I now have 11,000 reasons to make sure that YOU do not go to their site and give them your money. Don't trust these guys with your money...EVER.