Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 06-11-2005, 07:25 AM

Default I call these down 100% of the time

BB is a TAG. He might think i'm a little overaggressive because last orbit I overplayed a hand against him and got lucky.

Hero is SB w/ red TT. Folded to me and I raise, Villian calls.

Flop is A K 4 rainbow. Bet/raise/call.

Turn is another A. I check with the intention to call both a turn and river bet. I do this all the time; is this ok or should I start giving my opponents respect for a holding?
Old 06-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: I call these down 100% of the time

I fold to the flop raise, what do you put him on? If I called the flop and turn (which I wouldn't), I'd definitely fold to a river bet.

I can see you'd be thinking a TAG would wait till the turn with an A and probably just call down against an overaggro opponent with a K, but I don't see what else you can put him on, I doubt he's semi-coldcalling from the SB with a pair to checkraise a flop like that. And as he's out of position, it's pretty likely he would try something on the flop with an A for fear of you checking behind the turn on such a scary board.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the flop raise, what do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

cards there are less the a five gapper and maybe suited, he is pissed you tried to rob him, call down
Old 06-11-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold to the flop raise, what do you put him on? If I called the flop and turn (which I wouldn't), I'd definitely fold to a river bet.

I can see you'd be thinking a TAG would wait till the turn with an A and probably just call down against an overaggro opponent with a K, but I don't see what else you can put him on, I doubt he's semi-coldcalling from the SB with a pair to checkraise a flop like that. And as he's out of position, it's pretty likely he would try something on the flop with an A for fear of you checking behind the turn on such a scary board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the hand again. Villian is not out of position. But I would also fold on the flop.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the hand again. Villian is not out of position. But I would also fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh! I wrote a response with villian in position, then I glanced at the post and thought the villian was sb, changed the post and posted it, and now it turns out I was right in the first place.

Well I definitely wouldn't call all 3 streets, I think an argument can be made for call-call-fold or call-fold, depending on the opponent, but I'd always just fold the flop without any other information than is in this post.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:58 PM

What is a "TAG" <font color="black"> </font>
Old 06-11-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is a "TAG" <font color="black"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

tight aggressive player
Old 06-11-2005, 05:34 PM

This game is nuts.

He bet the turn and checked behind the river and showed 6 4o and MHIG.

I think an argument can be made for call/call/fold because if he has you beat he will bet the river but most TAG players will give up on the river w/ a bluff or weak hand.