Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 11 things to help pull out of a downswing...

[ QUOTE ]

Will it average these two guys out for a table VP of 50??
Or will it be 2100 hands between the two for VP27 or so??

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple averages. It will show 50.

Krishan
Old 09-12-2005, 05:15 PM

get dealt good hands that hit flops...ie not what i'm doing.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you never know the exact odds on a play since your opponents card are not face up. The idea is to give yourself a bit more of a buffer in case you are misjudging things a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying in theory. But in practice I can't think of too many situations where I would start folding more post-flop. If anything, I would think downswings would tend to make people begin to fold too often.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But so is tilt and donking off half of my bankroll. Since I'm not an automaton, I'll accept a hit to my WR if its accompanied by a clearing of the mind and settling of the nerves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing yourself is important, so if that is what you have to do then go ahead. But I would also try to get past this if I were you. Better to see it as a good temporary solution.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM

The poker apps should have some sort of quality metric for table worth like: TW = x*a(VPIP) + y*b(PFR) + z*c(AF) where a and b and c are some functions dependent on VPIP and PFR and AF respectively and x, y and z are constants which weight the importance of VPIP, PFR and AF. VPIP would be some sort of function that looked a little bit like a lopsided U, where very low VPIPs and high VPIPs were worth more than VPIPs in the 15-25 range. PFR would have a similar shape, as would AF. I guess doing it on the whole table is sort of lame because those table numbers are an average-- maybe do it for specific players, and then averaging all of those numbers together to get a number that is the table value or something.

Nate Tha' Great did something like this before, trying to predict win rate from analyzing various PT stats, but I think he did it with simple weighting like (a * VPIP) + (b * PFR) etc etc where the coefficients did not change with the variable they were referring to, I forget though maybe I am wrong. Anyway, it would be sort of cool to go through a bunch of DBs and try to analyze players in this way to see if there were some functions for a, b and c and some weights we could come up with for them that were vaguely predictive of win rates. Or even just winning. Does anyone have a huge DB of hands I can download?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:51 PM

And i thought I was a nerd 'cause I'm hand-coding my own datamining app instead of finding/buying one. You sir, take the cake. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have a huge DB of hands I can download?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a post asking for some. I'm sure more than a few people would donate their datamining databases if you agreed to share the results with the forum.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 PM

Hock, your WRs are pretty good in game 15/30, 30/60. Why are you moving down to 10/20 6max now? Just love the action in 6max games? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 AM

A formula based on table profitability needs to consider mainly VPIP and WTSD.

Other stats like AF and PFR profitability is like an add on to those 2 main stats.

Someone with 80/30/2 and WTSD 50 is gonna be spewing chips like mad but on their own the stats dont mean as much.

I dont think its real important though most people already know what a good table is and if they think that the 70/10/1 wtsd 30 guy is more profitable than the 50/30/3 WTSD45 guy then thats their problem.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 AM

why do you need to be on a downswing to employ these tactics?