Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Capped on all streets

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (21.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB

Comments? Opp was roughly 39/15 1.5
Old 10-30-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Capped on all streets

I give this 0 stars.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:35 AM

Would you have slowed down at any point, or would you have played it the same? Serious question.

I lost the hand. I think I played it right but just want to make sure. (I don't like losing pots that size). This hand was pulled from about 2 months ago - it's less painful now then it was then.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:39 AM

Read this post http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post3788094
Old 10-30-2005, 01:10 PM

with you pf cap and flop cap you pretty much told him that you got KK (as your not too worried about him having a J). I think once he caps the turn after so much agg from you you gotta call this down. What hand range did you have him on?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:58 PM

By the time we got to the river:

KJ (probably suited), although if you include offsuit it only adds 1 combination. AJ, JJ.

KJ, especially suited (1 combination) was a possibility since I wasn't sure if he would 3 bet a hand like that that preflop or cold-call (I didn't think he'd fold).

AJ was also possible, although again I wasn't sure if he would 3 bet that preflop, cold-call, or fold (especially if offsuit).

Something like QJs or JTs were remote outside possibilities, but I didn't think them very likely at all.

I was aware of the JJ possibility, but also figured that there was only 1 possible hand that beat me and that there were a few hands he may have played this aggressively.

If people would have played this the same as I did then the question becomes if there's no cap in HU play then at what point do you stop on the river? I think I reached my limit and wouldn't have pushed any further even in that situation.

Or did I overplay the river? Folding was obviously (to me at least) out of the question. I don't think that the flop or turn were overplayed. On the flop he may well have been playing AK or AA this way. Maybe even somerthing like QQ, Once the turn action comes those hands become much less likely (although an overplayed AA or AK would still be possible I suppose, but I didn't read him as that type of player)

Bottom line - most likely hands I put him on were KJ and JJ with some other small possibilities as well. I figured, off the cuff (without running numbers, since in the heat of the moment there's no time to start running calcs) that I was probably 55-60% likely to be ahead, but no worse than 50-50.