Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 AM

Default A Top Pair Top/Good Kicker question

I'm in the midst of a 6k breakeven strech and just curious if I'm donking away a lot of money on the turn. I'm typically find for example that I have top pair, and lead the turn only to be check-raised. Now, I find that a lot of the time in the limits i playu $.5-1 to $1/2 that people don't always have the straight or flush and its better to call down, a lot of time their bluffing, is it okay to call down with a decent sized pot when your check raised on the turn.

I understand that their is no "FORSURE DO THIS" answer, but typically, is this a major leak against typical oppenets at these levels?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: A Top Pair Top/Good Kicker question

Don't look for monsters under the bed, players at this level I think over value their hands, they may check raise with second pair...or if an Ace hits the board, top pair with a poor kicker...they love playing Ace-rag. That said I believe it's a leak to 'always' call down the hand just to see or keep them honest. It's all dependant on your read and the size of the pot imho.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:37 AM

TPGK is a strong hand by SSH evaluations and even more so with draws/redraws. That being said you need to protect it and that usually means a 3-bet. Don't let them bluff cheaply. Do you have any examples of hands that you can post?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TPGK is a strong hand by SSH evaluations and even more so with draws/redraws. That being said you need to protect it and that usually means a 3-bet. Don't let them bluff cheaply. Do you have any examples of hands that you can post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really player/level specific. I'm at 2/4 on Prima currently and a turn check-raise ALMOST ALWAYS means TPTK is no good. But I still have to be careful because theres always at least 1 player at the table where this doesn't apply.