Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Can I cold call two bets on the turn??

My only read for this hand is that CO is loose (VPIP is 50). I was confident I had the best hand on the flop since MP1 only called my raise. The turn had me scared though to have to call two bets cold and probably three. I was thinking maybe straight or two pair. Anyone else fold here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (15.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
Old 12-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Can I cold call two bets on the turn??

One thing. Don't post the action after you folds. That will give us more information than we need and it's actually quite hard to overlook that when trying to respond to the thread. Please edit it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For the hand.
Preflop is fine, I probably cap it on the flop seeing myself with TPTK and it's likely MP1 have a Q with worse kicker or he may have got lucky with QJ. A call to his 3-bet is good tho. I'm just very aggressive [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Two raisers and MP1 not giving up, he has us beat and I fold it here. And even tho CO is loose, his re-raise to MP1 even tho the flop action was the way it was, tells me he has some goods here. Nice fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:49 PM

CO loose, but not a maniac I suppose. A bet and raise in front of you on the turn would seem to suggest you are drawing very thin...nice fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Grunch

With no reads on MP1, I think its a pretty solid fold on the turn. I'd prefer to see a showdown, but it would've cost a minimum of 3BB and in this case 4BB.

I don't think anyone has a straight here on the turn, MP1 looks like he has 2-pair, given the action on the flop he's more than likely to be holding QJ. CO probably has an OESD or even a Gutshot SD given his looseness.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:27 PM

I think you can fold on the turn easily with that action. MP1 appears to have QJ so you're already behind that and then cutoff wakes up on the TURN and says he has an even better hand.

Dump it.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:30 PM

given flop action with MP's donk/3-bet and CO suddently waking up, i think it's a good fold.