Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 04:20 AM

Default posting bb

Wondering what is probably a simple n00b question

Why would I ever want to post a Big Blind?

Am I wrong if my habit is that I only want to see the flop 15-25% of time, auto-posting those blinds is costing me far more than winning the blinds?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: posting bb

Wow, youre right! Why the hell have we all been posting blinds this entire time???
We all must be a bunch of jerks.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:20 AM

How exactly did you find this forum?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 AM

If you have found a way to get cards without posting blinds, I will be happy to hear about it :-).
Old 09-01-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How exactly did you find this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right -- I wish I hadn't found this forum....two useless smart ass answers and "no help"
Old 09-01-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have found a way to get cards without posting blinds, I will be happy to hear about it :-).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for at least an answer on the subject.

I'm thinking just fold/sitout until the button passes?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:02 AM

The blinds are a forced bet. There is no way around them. If it wasn't for blinds, antes, etc. there would be no reason to enter a pot unless you had the pure nutz. In which case everyone else would fold and hence there would be no game.

This is a question for the beginners forum which is why you are getting the attitude.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM

Just for the sake of the argument:

I guess you could join a table in the co and post one BB, and play the 7 hands for 1 BB, as opposed to playing 10 hands for 1,5 BB.

Besides all the hazzle of joining/leaving tables, I dont think its a better deal, since the bad positions in SB and BB is outweighed by the edge you get playing the button.

Besides, even if it is a slightly better deal, the edge you get would be so minimal it would be nowhere near worth the hazzle.

You should worry about finding tables with bad opposition, instead of trying to figure out how to dodge the blinds on the table(s) you play.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for the sake of the argument:

I guess you could join a table in the co and post one BB, and play the 7 hands for 1 BB, as opposed to playing 10 hands for 1,5 BB.

Besides all the hazzle of joining/leaving tables, I dont think its a better deal, since the bad positions in SB and BB is outweighed by the edge you get playing the button.

Besides, even if it is a slightly better deal, the edge you get would be so minimal it would be nowhere near worth the hazzle.

You should worry about finding tables with bad opposition, instead of trying to figure out how to dodge the blinds on the table(s) you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I finally tried to just "sit out/fold" the blinds waiting for the button to pass.....I didn't realize I needed to post a BB even after it has past, I started with n00b -- some of you people sure are a welcoming bunch to a first poster....

I'll go back to beginnersville
Old 09-01-2005, 11:46 AM

You know i thought about this the first day i played online, but then i figured it out 3 minutes later...