Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
Why are Lazar/Chad/McEachern so bent out of shape about the "Quad aces hand"???

It's not like he (Lazar) would have gotten much action IF ANY on the flop/turn/river...he merely would have won what was in the pot.

Settle down guys...

From what I remember, Lazars preflop fold appeared correct to me.

Very surprised he went on tilt so badly after that hand. And Chad was acting like Lazar would have tripled up on that hand or something, what a fool.

Am I missing something? Or is this just another example of Norman and Lon not knowing anything about tournament poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

With three aces on the board, he's going to at least get a value bet call out of both of them. Check the flop, check the turn when you hit the quads, value bet the river. Sure, you're not going to triple up, but you'd come away with a decent pot, when you add the pre-flop action, plus blinds and antes. You probably wuld get the river bets out of them, neither Black nor Barch (at least on TV) seemed to scared of tossing in the river bets.

I think his tilt came from the fact that he folded the fourth ace, added in with the huge amount of pressure that was on all of them at that point. You saw it how he was talking on the next two hands. He felt he should have gambled on the previous hand, and went on tilt for the next two. Everything was, "I'll gamble with you, let's gamble."