Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Unsportsmanlike?

Yesterday I was in a tourney that was near the bubble. I was low on chips and was waiting for a hand to play because the blinds would eat me up before I'd hit the money. Im in middle position and the blinds are 2000-4000 and I have about 8200 in chips. 1st 2 people fold and I move all in w/ KK. It goes all the way around and everyone folds. It gets to the BB (20K in chips)and he thinks about it. Then it says that he's requested additional time. He lets the clock run down to 50-40-30-20-10 seconds. So I figure he'll fold. The clock goes down to 4-3-2-1-CALL.. He flips over AA. How bad is that? Is there any need for this?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Unsportsmanlike?

I would have been really pissed if he slowrolled me like that and I would have let him know it too. I really don't know if you can do anything about it though. You could report him and see what kind of a response you get, but I don't think it will be much.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:46 AM

That would be a slowroll, and it is very bad ettiquette. Its not illegal per se, but if someone were to do it live, they'd definately get their ass kicked. Im afraid there's not much you can do about it though, sorry.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:48 AM

I never ever wanted a SUCKOUT more in my life. It would have been great. I b*tched in the lobby and all the other players said it was awful too.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:28 PM

He was helping you if anything...maybe you'd hit the money before he called! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(I think what he did was stupid, but don't really see the problem besides wasting a minute of your time)
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 PM

I now feel just as you must have. We each wasted a minute of our lives as the results of the actions of another.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:04 PM

I got a little peeved just reading your post. That was a real dink move on your opponents part. Not illegal, but dinkish.

That said, in order to avoid tilt, I think that it's important to not let things like this bother us. My thinking is to be cordial, fun etc. and try be prepared for whatever the opponents come up with at the table, within the rules.

He probably did it to feel big, but it's not like he made a fantastic play, read or move.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:07 PM

This is the kind of thing you wait outside for a guy after your done if you were playing live.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 PM

Don't worry about the players; the cards are much more cruel.

Poker players are unpleasant people for the most part, they are like backgammon or chessplayers, made bitter from years of missing the flop, and getting sucked out on. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Take the high ground and tell him gg and leave.