Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:45 PM

Default set fills on turn, bet how much?

.5/1 nl

villain 140; I cover.

4 handed. Villain is a bad calling station. I'm 20/10. Villain has called me down twice with marginal 1 pair hands.

Villain raises to two from co. I call on button with red eights.

flop comes k8tr (8 pot)

all fold to me; I bet 7. fold. fold. Villain calls.

turn t (22 pot)

Villain checks to me. I doubt he has a k--he would have bet on flop. He could have a t; pp; nothing.

Bet? If so, how much?

Check?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: set fills on turn, bet how much?

If he's a calling station and the pot is around 20 I think I fire 12-14 here. Expect another call, I would guess.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: set fills on turn, bet how much?

If you don't think he has the K, I likely milk him for as much as I think he will call with his w/e holding. I think by small I mean perhaps 7$ again, he may even call or be inclined to raise with his ace high sensing "weakness", and I don't mind him chasing his gutshot, his under-full, or whatever he is doing. He will likely raise with a ten. I'm not scared of any river card and I'm trying to maximize value, so I bet however much I think he will call with the majority of his holdings. If 7$ is the most he will be calling there with most of his hands, and it may even motivate him to make a bigger mistake by raising, thats what I'm going to do. If I think he will be calling more with most of the holdings I can put him on, I'll bet more.