Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Blind Steal Gone Awry

BB is 20/20 Post flop AF is 9.8 after 50 hands
also my mental status may be off.. im in the middle of a REALLY harsh downswing ive dropped more than half my roll and had to drop down to 1/2 full from 3/6 short in less than 1000 hands.

here is one hand along the way that i would like some opinions on

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

dont really like the 3 bet from BB because he seems somewhat tight but very aggro. Here im starting to put him on any Ace or medium pocket pair or better

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

i raise to try and earn a free card and maybe some respect, his 3 bet doesnt really change much, i think im behind but 6 outs i can call his 3 bet

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

my mind just kinda shut off here... i hit my King and i think im ahead im behind only to AK and AA and KK but his 3 bet confuses me...

River: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

considered laying it down, not because the flush but im just assuming that his 3 bet and turn bet means im beat, but i have a tendency to pay off when im running [censored]

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

thanks ahed of time
Old 11-23-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Blind Steal Gone Awry

Given the range of hands you put him on I don't like the flop raise.

Where do you find those 7-handed 6-max games?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the range of hands you put him on I don't like the flop raise.

Where do you find those 7-handed 6-max games?

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as the 7handed 6max games... there new at party part of the revamp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

as for the hand.. do u call this flop or release it?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 AM

I wouldn't raise the flop versus someone who's been as aggressive as BB has been over the previous 50 hands. He seems unlikely to fold yet, you're not going to get him to fold by taking a free card, and your draw isn't really all that strong.

It's an uncomfortable situation, but it seems like there's a good chance you're getting 3-bet, and I don't like your hand as much anymore as I did preflop.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:06 AM

When playing against maniacs like these its bad to raise without a pair. My strategy is to get to showdown as cheaply as possible with A high or sometmies even king high. You can ramajamma when you have a pair.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as for the hand.. do u call this flop or release it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to warn you I'm not playing 6-max. I think your hand range is a little tight. I would at least add KQ-KT and maybe some more additional suited hands.

I think I peel on the flop, but realease if he bets the turn. But i don't like it alot since we're not having the odds to call. Guess I'm hoping he'll check the turn some portion of the time, but I realise that portion is small. Also I don't think we'll be able to play him off a better hand often.

If villain had been a players I think I need to see a river against I probably would have done it by raising the turn.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When playing against maniacs like these its bad to raise without a pair. My strategy is to get to showdown as cheaply as possible with A high or sometmies even king high. You can ramajamma when you have a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
In 6-max is this really a maniac? 20% pfr isn't that high in 6-max, no? His af is awfully high, but we only have 50 hands.

I guess you might be correct we need to show this down.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:26 AM

this is actually 7 handed 10 max
Old 11-23-2005, 06:38 AM

I think the 9.8 aggr. factor makes him a maniac. Then again its only 50 hands and Villain may've just been running well. However showing down with K high depends a lot on a few things. You have to pretty sure that villain is truly a maniac and will continue to bet crap all the way.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is actually 7 handed 10 max

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, then I agree we need a sd. I don't think this opponent will fold to my previous suggested turn raise, but he might 3-bet us when we're having lots of outs. I would just call down as Toss suggested.