Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 09:02 PM

Default turned my gutshot straight...how did i do?

sorry, i didnt have access to the handhistory, and will be describing this hand from memory. i have no reads on any players at the table, as it is the 3rd hand of a satellite to the party 200k. blinds are 10/15 and i pick up 77 in MP2ish.
the player to my immediate right min-raises to 30, and i flat call. all fold to the BB who also calls. the flop comes 468 with 2 clubs and 1 heart. BB checks. PF raiser bets 45. I call and the BB calls. turn is the 5h. BB bets out for 125 into a pot of 265. PF raiser folds. I raise to 295. He pushes, and has me covered by a few chips. I think briefly about 79, and then call. How did I do? I considered pushing the turn instead of making the raise that I did, but didnt want to lose someone who'd flopped a set. I don't think I played this hand very well at any point, but I'd like some confirmation of that fact. as well as maybe specific things I could have done better. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.