Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:29 AM

Default PartyPoker $3/$6 is NOT LOOSE nor FISHY

Have over 12 tables open AVG VPIP = 22. AVG PFR = 8.

1 -2 fish at each table. The rest are eagles and moneybags and smileyfaces.

NOTHING I see would qualify as "players who play too many hands and play them poorly"

If anyone has a different experience, please share it with me.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker $3/$6 is NOT LOOSE nor FISHY

too many 8-tabling trouters
Old 05-03-2005, 12:41 AM

Stats mean nothing, most 2p2ers who play 3/6 are terrible. You are probably one of the bad ones as well.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

NOTHING I see would qualify as "players who play too many hands and play them poorly"

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience, in general, of $3/6 has been players who play too few hands and play them poorly.

The game isn't nearly as loose/passive as $2/4, but the games are still easily beatable.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:58 AM

Pathetic. Hope you can read a hand better then you can a message board. What makes you think you can infer from my post that I am a bad player?

My conjecture is that Party 3/6 is not loose nor passive nor the majority of opponents that one would classify as fishy.

"Stats mean nothing"? You must be one of those "hunch" players. nh
Old 05-03-2005, 01:04 AM

No I play less tables and get solid reads, all the 12 tabling 3/6 Small stakes posters suck, not all but the great majority. Sorry you probably suck because you made this post, yes this is my hunch, but it's 75% chance of being correct.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:05 AM

Gotta love the rocks who play one hand an hour and expect to get paid off...... At .5/1 it works because the retards are oblivious. Most 3/6 games are full semi thinking players. That said midnight games play like .5/1 and 1/2 sometimes..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Then I challenge you.

Find three pushover 3/6 tables on PP within the next fifteen minutes and post them here. If you can do this, then I would have no problem conceding the fact that I suck and also that you are far superior with your poker skills.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 AM

get better table selection or move to $5-10 6MAX.Last nite there were more good $5-10 Full games than $3-6 Full games..happens rarely thu.$3-6 continues to get tighter and tighter and despite what others say even if players are too tight having 6-7 too tight players pre-flop rarely makes up for any poor post flop play they may have collectively...that is glib bs.$3-6 games continue to tighten, pot averages have come down and fewer people are seeing the flop-it's not rocket science really all these games will get tougher over time to think otherwise is folly.Worst of all more players are competing to get in what are the "best games".I really think the methodology of using waitlists at $3-6 is shot.The best way to get in good games is just to stay in games where you have 3-4+ 40% VPIP players and stay there no matter what the pot averages are.I now look to stay at tables whether $3-6 or $5-10 Full that have 3-4 fish and Table VPIP%'s above 30% and Table PFR% below 10%.Passive games with small pots and fish is optimal rather than just chasing big pot averages.On the other hand in other games/limits say $5-10 6 MAX or NLHE Full and 6MAX games using waitlists is a must.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.Worst of all more players are competing to get in what are the "best games".I really think the methodology of using waitlists at $3-6 is shot

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt agree more. Sort the lobby numbers by pot average, and the top ones all have wait lists in the double digits.