Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Blind Steal Gone Awry

Seeing those 20/9.8 aggro numbers, I would consider capping this preflop (I'd look at his steal stats, too). If he still bet out the flop, I'd probably peel one, and I'd have to raise the turn when I hit my top pair.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:18 PM

you can probably cap for value against this guy preflop. I don't really like the flop raise though, like a said above that extra bet is better used preflop against this guy IMO. Turn looks good. River card sucks with a guy this insane a showdown is a must.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 PM

Smooth call the flop, raise the turn when you hit your hand, call the 3-bet, call the river.

I think the flop raise is significantly incorrect. Most 3-betting hands out of the BB are pairs or Ax, so you're behind more of his range than you're ahead of, and a showdown isn't necessarily an option u/i here. He looks extremely aggressive, and certainly isn't going to back down to your raise here, so I don't think it accomplishes anything.

Also, a 20% pfr isn't particularly that high for 6max, most TAG's are in the 15-20% range. With only 50 hands that AF may be misleading, and this guy may very well be a TAG / winning player.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:25 PM

Krimson, the OP corrected himself in a follow-up post and said it was actually 7-handed at a 10-seat table. Does that alter your opinion of a PF cap?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:33 PM

i wouldnt raise the flop. after a 3 bet pf i dont think you are getting a free card. i would just call and fold the turn UI. I raise the turn and call down with the kings