Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Draw to the nut gutshot and backdoor flush on a two-flush board
Depends too much to say 6 31.58%
Never, even if I get around 10 to 1 or better 0 0%
Usually, if I get around 10 to 1 or better 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Default First Hand of WSOP 2005

I've never played in the WSOP, but am curious about a hypothetical situation. Tried to set a mood, maybe failed at it. Would like to know what MTTers would do here.

Let's say you qualified for WSOP 2005 Main Event tournament. You fly into Vegas, looking forward to getting a share of the $50 million prize pool. You roam around Vegas for a bit, taking in the sights. Get a good night's rest before the big day. Get to the lobby early. See a lot of the pros talking about how hopefully this is their year to win the big one.

There are so many people who registered they had to make 9 days for the final event. You luckily get called to play on Day 1A. You make your way to your table, get your chips, and sit down.

To your surprise, you've been seated at the TV table. You notice two pros at your table, Doyle Brunson and Julian Gardner. What bad luck! The other players do not look familiar.

First hand is dealt, and you're the big blind. Blinds are T$25-T$50, and your stack began with T$10,000.

You've barely have gotten accustomed to the setting before, to your surprise, UTG, a young college kid who barely looks over 21, announces I'm all in.

It's folded around to you.

You look down and see:
Old 02-09-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: First Hand of WSOP 2005

Lets suppose you have J7s and a guy comes with a gun and tells you to fold..do you go all-in?? neither do I but isnt this kinda improbable??
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 AM

I fail to understand how someone could possibly justify calling w/ KK here...
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 AM

I fail to see the point of these kind of posts. This situation never happens, period.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:06 AM

Well said.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:14 AM

I did get AA first hand in a tourney and managed to get a guy all in preflop with it - - also in the 8th hand of a tourney.

won once with it, lost once - KK is a bit scarier, but I'd probalby do it - not AK though.

RB
Old 02-10-2005, 01:16 AM

By wasting your time making polls like this, you decrease your chances of actually making it to the 2005 WSOP.

That being said, the only hand worth calling with in this situation is AA. And you can take that to the bank.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:28 AM

i don't know how anyone could call that with anything other than aa. yet i see more than half say to call with kk. am i delirious right now?!? or should i be pushing with aa whenever i get it so that i get called by kk (and qq and jj and aks)? i don't get it....
Old 02-10-2005, 01:47 AM

The problem is, if the guy has half a clue how to play, he isnt going all in with AA. A call is a must with KK.

And while maybe not at the WSOP, I have seen several all-ins in the first hand of multitable tourneys, free rolls, sitngos, etc.... And the hands can be as bad as AX.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, if the guy has half a clue how to play, he isnt going all in with AA. A call is a must with KK.

And while maybe not at the WSOP, I have seen several all-ins in the first hand of multitable tourneys, free rolls, sitngos, etc.... And the hands can be as bad as AX.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst post on this dumb thread. What hand do you suggest a player with half a clue would open push in the wsop level 1??? Please don't make us any dumber by respoding, that's a rhetorical question.