Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: You play how many tables??????

4 1/26max or 2 3/6 6max. feel like i could do about 10 .50/1

dont know how they do that many at a real limit, however.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:42 AM

I usually play 4 if I can find that many "good" tables and don't feel tired. (I play 10/20 6-max and I'm very picky with my table selection.) I have experimented with 5 and 6 tables, but I feel that I play much worse and I get tired very quickly.
I try to get some "real" reads, but very often I just have statistics on most of the players and really only notice very strange plays. I don't have time to observe how the opponents play against each other, but try to remember and write down how they play against me.

I think there are basically two ways to think about this:
1) Play very few tables, perhaps 1 or 2. Try to get as good reads as possible. Perhaps you improve your poker skills faster this way.
2) Play more tables with slightly lower winrate for each table, but you make more $/hr total. Try not to play on autopilot too much and try to improve your poker skills away from the table. For example by writing down difficult hands and analysing them later, posting at 2+2 and reading books.

I think both 1) and 2) are perfectly acceptable options and it really depends on what you prefer. For example some players would get very bored with 1) because of the few hands/hour, others would get very bored with 2) because it feels like they are playing like a robot. I think 1) is more common for those playing high limits and 2) for those playing middle limits or small stakes.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:54 AM

dunno, anything less than 4 seems like i'm not even playing. play 6 5/10 6 max tables, and 4 10/206 or 15/30 tables (short)

i cant fathom how people play 8 tables of 6max (10/20), yet they do. its all relative i suppose.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

yeah at 8 tables I tilt too easily. 6 is just like 4. for a while I was playing 6 on one monitor. I actually think this is easier than 6 across 2 monitors since sometimes I just forget to look at the second one and see I have like 6 seconds to act. most decisions are routine. the biggest loss in going from 4 to 6 is sometimes I just can't be bothered to find a 6th good table. I'm picky and stupidly would rather play 5 tables than 6 including one mediocre one. I also find myself tilt slightly easier when a bunch of bad things happen at once, so I struggle for my sessions to last more than an hour and a half. if you're looking to enjoy playing, or have lots of time to play, play 2 tables. if you're a greedy jew like me that wastes most of his free time leaving very little for poker, then play 6 tables and dread playing
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity. How many hands/table/hour do you play? And what is you average number of players/table.

[/ QUOTE ]

650+ hand per hour. At my best I'm around 720. 5.5 players.

KRishan

[/ QUOTE ]

in my times 8-tabling I was getting around 650. if I was 1-tabling ~100. I guess that explains all the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's
Old 08-12-2005, 08:01 AM

What is gametime+ ?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:04 AM

GT+.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GT+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, and that is?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 AM

I just started playing 3/6 limit 6 max seriously and so far I have mostly been playing 10 tables. So far it works out fine but too small sample size to conclude anything.

PB.