Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth showing up late

He's memorizing all of the hand %'s and heads-up odds. I think he's also re-reading David's books, checking on the various forums here and studying Daniel's poker journal. If he has a bit more time, he likes to watch the WPT, Poker Superstars on Fox and he really loves all of the celeb games.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking what he is doing instead of showing up on time is the same as asking why he is late...either way whatever he is doing is the reason he is not there on time...oh and dont ask for discussion if you are going to attack someone who took their time to respond to your post. Just a suggestion...would probably make the forums a much better place

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to turn a thread like this into a flame war, but since you're pickin' a fight I will give you one. Wtf are you talking about?

No, it is not the same. At all. So get bent.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 PM

I wasnt trying to pick a fight I just think there was a better way to tell the dude that the asnwer he gave you wasnt what you were looking for. The dude has posted like 13 times (which I only have about 100)and this might discourage him from posting in the future. I just think there is a better way to treat people who take the time to respond to your post and I dont think many people will disagree with me. Didn't mean to get you all worked up over this.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why Phil shows up late, I don't really care. What I am more interested in is what Phil does instead of showing up on time? Does he sit in his hotel room and stare at the wall? Play some racquetball? Masturbate? Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he is playing "The Legend of Zelda" on the original Nintendo game system while eating Tombstone pizza and thinking about what he's going to write about next week for his lame-ass weekly column in the Wisconsin State Journal.

Either that, or masterbating.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 PM

He spends so much time looking into other peoples souls, I suspect he is out on the street somewhere trying to find his own.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 PM

Augie, keats, chill! Can't y'all take a jopke?
Old 06-21-2005, 08:28 PM

I wonder how much expectation he's pissed away over the years doing this. It's an all-around idiot play in any event, let alone the smaller buyin events where he's losing half his stack for an image play that doesn't pay off.

-kyo
Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably thinks, Should I go now? Yeah... and then gets up from the hotel bed, walks to the door, grabs the knob, stops and says, No, no, no, no... Not yet... Too early Back to the bed, foot shaking. Should I...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this has got to be very close to reality.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He probably thinks, Should I go now? Yeah... and then gets up from the hotel bed, walks to the door, grabs the knob, stops and says, No, no, no, no... Not yet... Too early Back to the bed, foot shaking. Should I...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this has got to be very close to reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he probably practices his opening line for the table, too.. It's gotta be hard finding one he hasn't used.

-kyo
Old 06-21-2005, 09:00 PM

I agree. If you miss the first hour or even first two hours of a 10k tournament it's not a big big deal. But the smaller tournaments you will be crippled. It's a waste of money and ego run amuk.