Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: For Newbies – Improve your middle play – Hand Lesson 1

[ QUOTE ]
The ONLY way I fold this is if I know that the button got his stack by seeing lots o' flops and gambling it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I fold this hand is if someones hand gets turned up and it has me beat. At 6x the BB this is an easy push.

My thinking is, "This may be the best hand I get in the next two rounds and if I wait I may need to win a coin flip just to get back to where I am now. I may win the blinds, and who knows I may double up against Ax, two overcards, or a small pair. If I'm up against an overpair then I can still hit a ten."
Old 02-13-2005, 08:46 PM

I don't see a lot of sneaking into the money in SNGs (22-33 at pp). Generally you have a situation where if the small stack doubles up, they are the chip leader. Sneaking into the money is something you want to avoid in multis (those low spots pay nothing).
Old 02-13-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe I was lucky. But the following is what I did, and also what I was thinking/hoping would happen.

I folded - big surprise. I felt that I had more FE against UTG, and was looking to push the following hand. Button took out BB, I thought probabilities were high that BB would be gone. Next orbit, folded to me. I pushed, and folded around.

Blast away...

[/ QUOTE ]

not to blast - but this sure sounds like results-oriented thinking if i've ever heard. you push your TT, if the table is still 8 handed at that blind level its a tight table and you have a premium hand, push...

where's chief with the push cow?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:34 AM

I mean this looks like about as easy a push as you can ask for. I don't even see anything else as an option here.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:05 AM

OK, I deserve all the blasting. I should have done the ICM analysis first. I'll do better next time. I apologize. Thanks for all the posts. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
if anyone else but the BB calls, you're a favorite over the range of hands with which they'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement is BS, I'd likely be a 60/40 dog against the range of hands. Okay, I feel a little defensive. But that made me feel better.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:43 AM

Scuba - Enjoyed the post.Sorry you got blasted a little but I think it is good for us SnG newbies to see this kind of stuff. But 1 more question what hand is TT a 60/40 dog to?

ps I got the chance to play against you Friday.enjoyed the lesson.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I deserve all the blasting. I should have done the ICM analysis first. I'll do better next time. I apologize. Thanks for all the posts. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
if anyone else but the BB calls, you're a favorite over the range of hands with which they'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement is BS, I'd likely be a 60/40 dog against the range of hands. Okay, I feel a little defensive. But that made me feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please name one hand where you would be a 60/40 dog or close holding TT.

Edit: this has already been mentioned. there are only 4 hands you are a dog to anyways. Your logic is severly skewed.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please name one hand where you would be a 60/40 dog or close holding TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just plugged MY CALLING STANDARDS into pokerstove vs. TT.
AQ+, JJ+. This 60/40 dog is the range of hands that I feel I would be called with.

Daliman, I do not think there is one hand where I would be a 60/40 dog. In fact, I think I'd either be dominated, or slightly ahead.