Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 04:48 AM

Default My new hobby...

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I'm writing to complain about player "XXXXXX" and his behavior in chat.

He is frequently abusive towards other players at the table, and has
chased away players at my tables on multipled occasions by berating
them, often while using offensive language.

For an example, see your records for 15/30 table XXXXX in the vicinity
of hand #XXXXXXXX.

I would appreciate it if you would revoke this player's chat, as he
drives many players away from the table with his constant verbal
abuse.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire is so freaking quick answering these things that you can actually watch as the table coach's chat gets turned off at the table.

So much fun.

scrub
Old 02-13-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: My new hobby...

I'm going to find the hand where you said "The key to limit stud/8 is putting a man to a decision for all his chips" and get yours revoked now.

woot
Old 02-13-2005, 04:55 AM

Thanks

How smart do you think these rude guys(this isn't actually the word or series of words I am thinking of) are chasing off/educating the bad players? I think we all should report the ones who go to far.

Hopefully the other sites will discourage/stop these guys.

Sometimes I want to type something nasty or sarcastic to the fool who shouldn't have been there to outdraw me, but somehow I let it go...hands off the keyboard, hands off the keyboard...
Old 02-13-2005, 05:34 AM

This is a fantastic idea, one which I will too join the cause of.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:43 PM

I must be kind of warped, I no longer mind table coaches. They make sure everyone plays just like they are supposed to. I usually know about where anyone is at in a hand because the poker coach is always keeping watch to make sure they do not get out of line. This makes cherry picking much easier.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:17 PM

hehe, yeah its great isnt it? I've been doing it for a while now. Its always fun to talk to them after there chat gets turned off and ask them why they arent talking anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 02:26 PM

I posted in the zoo a few weeks ago about turning guys in and there were a LOT of posters who thought it was a bad idea.

I guess the argument was that the table-coach who is going to be a lousy player anyway, might not be as willing to play any more if he gets his chat turned off. And that his chat had a possibility of putting other palyers on tilt also.
something like that.

I was really surprised at the number of people who were against turning in players when I mentioned it over there....and now I come to the general forum and see that everyone is in favor of it (which is still my position also).

Do you just send your e-mails to info@empire or alerts@empire or where? When I send one to party it sometimes takes an hour, and other times takes 5 days for them to get back to me.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:29 PM

I am going to go nuts with this. Thanks for the template. I play on Euro, but I'm not sure that matters--what email address do you send this to? When will you write one for affiliate spammers? Can we compile your letters into "Reporting Dipshits for Advanced Players?" I'd pay for that....
Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 PM

i've been doing this to the table spammers much more than the abusive people.
i only report racist chat really in terms of abusive chat.

lots of fun.

citanul
Old 02-13-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted in the zoo a few weeks ago about turning guys in and there were a LOT of posters who thought it was a bad idea.

I guess the argument was that the table-coach who is going to be a lousy player anyway, might not be as willing to play any more if he gets his chat turned off. And that his chat had a possibility of putting other palyers on tilt also.
something like that.

I was really surprised at the number of people who were against turning in players when I mentioned it over there....and now I come to the general forum and see that everyone is in favor of it (which is still my position also).

Do you just send your e-mails to info@empire or alerts@empire or where? When I send one to party it sometimes takes an hour, and other times takes 5 days for them to get back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just go ahead and send to both. For whatever reason, I think info@ is faster to get back to me, but I might just be running hot with them.

I usually don't report guys who are truly terrible, but I think there are a bunch of mediocre full game players (vpip 23-27ish, aggro too high, steal too much, overdefend) who know that they play better HU and try to goad poor players into HU matches by being nasty in chat. Those are my favorite guys to nail. Basically, if I think someone is hurting the game, I'll turn them in. If I think someone is making the game better, I won't.

scrub