Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Party Gaming Prospectus

Does anyone out there have a full copy of the Party Gaming Prospectus for their IPO? It would be really helpful to everyone if someone could post it here or at least a link to it. Party has done its best to keep the prospectus secretive and out of the hands of its regular customers and the small time individual investors. As far as I know the prospectus & IPO are only available to European Institutional Investors and not individual investors anywhere. Party Gaming has also selectively put the prospectus in the hands of a few members of the financial media in the hopes of some free positive publicity. It doesn't seem fair that individual investors can only purchase the stock post IPO, and without the benefit of the Prospectus.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Party Gaming Prospectus

IPOs tend to work that way, at least from what I've noticed. The companies don't like to allow individual investors to be involved, for reasons which I'm not aware of.

This may not be of much help, but after the IPO you should be able to receive information about revenue, profits, and all of that by simply requesting them from Party Gaming and saying that you are interested in investing in them. I know public American companies are required to allow free access to this information so that investors aren't blindly putting money into bad companies. Since Party isn't American-based you'll have to look into this yourself. I recommend checking out the Motley Fool at www.fool.com. They have tons of great investing advice and should be able to help you much more with IPO-related questions than I.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:38 PM

Somebody must have the scoop on this?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:39 PM

I have a copy of the party gaming prospectus. It has been scanned into tif format. Large file.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you. Don't tell anybody where you got it.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:35 PM

Player -

I have the PartyGaming prospectus as well. Is there any way we could post/upload it for all to view? It's a public doc so there is not really any legal issues.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Player -

I have the PartyGaming prospectus as well. Is there any way we could post/upload it for all to view? It's a public doc so there is not really any legal issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

midas,

I think this is a technical question which I am not qualified to answer.

The prospectus is 205 pages long and consumes 10MB. Obviously, I cannot post the prosectus here in its entirety.

I am willing/able to help fellow 2+2ers (within reason), but I am not aware of a method with which I/we can put this into the public domain in an efficient manner.

If there was a link I would post it...but my access is 'proprietary', it is not online. If you have an idea, let me know.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Player-

I put a post in NVG to see if a moderator could get me an e-mail address so they could upload.

This type of info is public. I had a buddy at a hedge fund call one of the investment banks in London handling the deal and had the prospectus e-mailed to me.

BTW, I'm not sure that Bill Gates made his first $$$ billion this fast!!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:55 AM

Is there any website where I can get partygaming prospectus ?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Default First Day

Party Gaming completed its IPO at 116 pence.
PRTY.L finished its first day's trading at 129 pence.
357 million shares were traded on day one.
All in all a very solid launch with 11% opening day gain.

Like I said earlier, it's too bad Party didn't offer the IPO to its customers. The UK institutional investors did an excellent job of talking down the IPO price, even though these same investors oversubscribed the issuing.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I'm not sure that Bill Gates made his first $$$ billion this fast!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He only made $350,000,000 on the IPO...
But it went up by 33% the first day of trading.

Here's The Link To Fortune Article July 1986

rm+

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]