Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Turn Line

Blinds are very fishy. I've been with them for a while. Loose passive. The other is an unknown, just sat down. No reason to believe he's any good yet. Should I have bet the turn? Against fish, should I wait for a good river and push a bigger edge? Or should I push my turn edge?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Hero calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Turn Line

Yes I would bet the turn. And probably the river depending on the card/players. This looks like a board that 1/2 passives call with ace-high and bottom pair enough for it to be for value.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 PM

But if I bet the turn, will they call the river bet with weak hands?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 PM

Tough to say, but I think they will. It's pretty clear that nobody has a ten, and also I think a safe assumption that nobody has a seven either. But there are a few straight draws that you'll be able to pry some value out of with a bet here, so do so.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:43 PM

Don't you agree I'm likely calling or checking the river here? There are many, many cards that can come to disappoint me.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 PM

Depends on the card, like I said. Sure, something like the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you won't really be thrilled with betting, but that ten IMO is a card worth a value bet. But with your position you have the upper hand in this decision, as you see.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I bet the turn, will they call the river bet with weak hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will it matter? You've already collected money from them on the turn. If they call a second time, it's icing on the cake.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Very Similar Hand

Again, I'm with the same fish. So I guess that's an argument for betting. They routinely limp bad hands, so the board is not overly relevant. How does that section apply to this hand or the previous hand if at all? They are referring to hands with very few redraw outs on the flop, i.e. pp's.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: (2.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: 2.50 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 PM

I'd bet the turn for sure. It's been checked around twice and I think you've got the best hand.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:14 PM

Bet the turn. Bet the river when the T comes out.

On hand 2, bet the turn. Based on the people, I either fold to a raise (tight player) or call and check/call - check/fold the river based on the card.