Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Default KTs TP vs weird river action

Limper is LAP, Villain is LPP. 12 hands on limper, 24 on villain.

--

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: KTs TP vs weird river action

i get the feeling BB had QT for a straight. He wouldn't have bet the turn with his OESD for fear of you raising him, since you've bet or raised every possible time. While it's possible he's stting on K5 or something i think it's unlikely that he'd 3bet you with a hand like that. So either straight or lame 2pair and i think i just call his bet. Weird that he woke up, isn't it?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 PM

I wouldn't raise the river. He's either bluffing or betting a better hand. I don't think villain is waking up and value betting a worst hand than yours on the river.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:11 PM

I'd definitely bet the turn. There's a decent chance he'll fold and you've got lots of outs to improve (overcard + double gutshot) if he doesn't.

I'd raise the river too (and call the 3-bet, like you did). I think he's taking a shot at you since you showed weakness on the turn.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:12 PM

I'm not sure. I partially agree, but there's a good chance Villain missed a turn check-raise with a jack, or has a worse random king.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:17 PM

Could it be some weird slowplay maybe? Hitting a set on the flop or something like that?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:19 PM

The way villain played he could also have K4,K7,K9,KJ. So I don't mind paying off 1BB against these hands. But raising puts us in a tough spot since I don't see many hands that we beat flat call our raise, but we have to call a 3-bet given the pot size and no reads.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 PM

Raise the river, fold to a 3-bet.

Krishan
Old 06-02-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the river, fold to a 3-bet.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate doing this, but it seems surprisingly wise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(I think that if I can't fold to the three-bet, I should call the bet... this may actually be the best line regardless.)

Blew my mind, but he'd called down to the river with AKs clubs, and REALLY liked his top pair.

I figured that he'd be betting any made hand on the flop here (like A4) because of the weakness that I'd shown (keep in mind that they don't consider that I'll fold, often enough), so I would probably be in a position to value raise. I was incorrect though.

If I were to be betting the turn, it would be for value (high card king good kicker). Thus, it would be a pretty thin bet. Not saying I haven't done it in the past, just that it's pretty thin.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the river. He's either bluffing or betting a better hand. I don't think villain is waking up and value betting a worst hand than yours on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]